2nd Day on the site - on Prednisone

Options
Bes997
Bes997 Posts: 10 Member
Hi I am Brooke, a 37 year old who needs to get my rear in gear! I have had a long road to end up where I am, and now have to take charge of the one thing that has been let go... Myself! I am a very fortunate person, who is on my third kidney transplant. From Prednisone and multiple other reasons I have gained a whopping 100 pounds. TIme to make it about me and not everyone else for a change and make it happen! Thinking this site will be perfect for me and looking for a few people to inspire and be inspired from.

Replies

• Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    you can add me as a friend if you want. I've been on prednisone for 45 yrs. 3 kidney transplants! Wow! You have been thru a lot. My last job was handling transplant claims for the military insurance. I don't know how much you need to lose. I'm on aforum with people who need to lose about 100#. It's a great group of supportive people. Welcome. Mary
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brooke! It sounds like you've been through a lot... I'm so glad you've come here for support! Changing your life is one of the most difficult but empowering things you will ever do. I'm so excited to hear about your progress! Feel free to add me :D
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Prednisone sucks! I've only had to take it a couple of times for a couple weeks at a time, but you constantly feel hungry! It can increase your glucose levels, so you have to make sure to eat low-carb when you're on it, and I think water retention is an issue with it too so try to stick with low sodium. Sorry to hear about your health issues, but you can definitely do it and you'll start feeling so much better really soon. Good luck!
  • Bes997
    Bes997 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks much for the reply! It is a wonderful yet HORRIBLE drug! LOL! Keeps me ticking but all the other stuff that comes with it makes it hard sometimes. I appreciate the help.