I tried Zumba yesterday...Fail!

Options
2»

Replies

• meaton333
    Options
    Everybody fails Zumba the first few times they try it! Give it 5 times then pass/fail yourself! :)
  • sugarcane69
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! The first time i tried it i must of been 260lbs... so anyone can do it... you just do what you can and yes, it does get easier as time goes! I still do it and along with exercise and eatting well i am now down to 215lbs.... I actually just started using this site and i love it ! ...... With zumba i sweat like crazy, it really depends how much you put into it... i feel like a fool still but as long as your moving that's what matters! lol
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It usually takes 5-7 classes to get the "moves" down. Don't give up, it is great exercise!! I love Zumba. If you have a Wii, they have zumba on there, and you can learn some of the moves and songs on there, in the comfort of your own home before you get back into the class. Good luck!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am sooo uncoordinated and they move so fast! I did sweat however, probably from moving/flapping/kicking every part of my body while trying to copy them lol

It takes a while to get the moves down. You might try finding one of the DVDs that breaks down the basic moves. They come as part of the sets, but you can probably find the individual DVD on Ebay.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! If you keep at it, you'll catch on. Just takes awhile. It will certainly kick your butt!!!! I miss Zumba.. can no longer do it because of a knee injury and it's just too high impact. :ohwell:
  • terribowling
    terribowling Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes Zumba is alot of fun and you will sweat, sweat, and sweat! Yes, it is very fast, but keep going and you will learn the routines and love it, because you will burn alot ot calories!!!:smile:
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Haha...yes that would be me as well...I've been curious if there is a good Zumba workout tape or Zumba for the Wii....has anyone tried that?

I do Zumba on the wii and no one can see me screwing up but myself :D lol I have a blast with it... :D
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs doing Zumba. I have to admit, I'm a 22 year dancer so the moves were a little easier to pick up, but I still had fail moments. You have to listen to the music. It's pretty much repetition of the steps, especially the chorus. I got the Wii Zumba first and burned that way, then picked up a class (hated it.. it was NOT zumba but Sr. Citizen line dancing through the adult school... blah), and found a better class so now I go 3 x's a week. It takes time.. just like weight loss, you don't learn it overnight.
  • poupounne
    Options
    I love AquaZumba. The regular Zumba? Had to quit halfway through. So hard on my joints.

Maybe when I lose a bit more weight it will be easier :)
  • TrishKennett
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for quite a while now - we have a brilliant trainer, and I may not be as elegant as the others, but I think the feeling is, if Trish can do it, we're going to at least try! Each time is a little better/fitter/enjoyable, I have great mates, and I recently had the confidence to use some of the moves at a friend's Wedding Reception!
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba...I wasnt good at it when i first when because i have no rythm but it got easier as the more i went! Give it another try or 2 and you will begin to love it too!! And I hate it for Xbox kinect..i cant do it on there!!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    My first Zumba class was a Fail for me too. I felt like I spent the whole time trying to figure out the steps. But I loved the energy and moves so I kept going back and I love it now. According to my HRM, I burn around 500 calories a workout. The best thing is the more I go, the better I know the routines and since I know "what's coming" I can put a little more "umph" into it. Hop a little higher, twist a little more, go a little lower and viola! even more calories burned.

Try it a few more times and if it's not your cup of tea, try something else. Good luck.