Exercise DVDs

Options
Aside from Jillian Michaels' DVDs, what other exercise DVDs do people use and how effective have they been for you?

Replies

• jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Zumba
  • getyupcowgirl
    getyupcowgirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity and if you are dedicated enough to see it through, you will definetly see some results.
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    Winsor Pilates, Biggest Loser Series, Tae-Bo. These have worked very well!
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use Pilates Core Challenge with Ana Coban.... she is a tough one!!!
    http://www.tower.com/pilates-core-challenge-with-ana-caban-dvd/wapi/106993241
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Turbofire :)
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I'm using Turbo Jam and P90X. I'm only 6 weeks in, but have seen inches disappear, pounds have dropped away and they're both enjoyable!
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I go on youtube & every day pick a different workout video
    There are ones from the 80s that I absolutely love, there are dances, zumba, calorie blasts, toning, Kickboxing, yoga,
    Some are 10 minutes so ill search for a few to line them up & work them out but most are the normal times
  • alair1980
    alair1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been doing the 30DS, Mari Windsor pilates and Christine (something or other!) Yoga for Runners. I'll have to take a look at some of these others.
    I really like the idea of doing workouts on youtube, something new everyday :)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam
    ChaLEAN Extreme
    TurboFire

I am in the 2nd phase of Chalene Extreme and starting to see good strength results. If my diet was better I know the inches would be coming off faster. I just love to eat lol.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Rushfit. x 20405. So good.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com has video clips & reviews of tons of videos - you can see what you're getting

I like Kelly Coffey Meyer - 30 Minutes to Fitness. Each DVD has 2 - 30 minute workouts plus lots of premixes to keep it fresh.

Leslie Sansone is great aerobics for the "not so coordinated." You can bump up te pace on these easily.

Exercisetv.tv.com has lots of free videos avaialble (and a sale on DVDs right now). This is a good place to try out new instructors.
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chris Freytag Xtreme Slimdown. Just starting it but it is tough but I am loving it!
  • davekaplan
    Options
    If you have an 1-1/2 hours P90X is seriously great! Insanity is crazy good, a little shorter and doesn't have any strength training.

I've been doing Insanity from Beachbody. I love P90X and after I finish my current round of Insanity I'm going to try a hybrid.

My wife tried P90X, but her schedule made it tough to stick with it. She was looking for something shorter and less intense, so she's about to start Chalean Extreme (also from Beachbody).

I think this is a handy chart for all the Beachbody programs: http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/tbbredesign/comparison_chart/chart_slider.htm
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X (currently working on round 2) I've done Insanity twice and Asylum. I've had amazing results! I was around 300lbs when I first started. Size 44-46 pants and XXL shirts. In about 10 months time (Over the summer my diet was horrible) I am down to 240lbs size 36-38 pants and X or XL shirts.

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)