Weight held you back?

Options
Has your weight ever held you back from doing something?

It's held me back, I wish I would have played a sport when I was younger....sighs*

I didn't because when I was younger I was running and playing outside. And a family member said to me: Don't you think you are a little too big to be running around like that, and my mom agreed. This was like when I was 11! That comment ate me up inside, and I REGRET it.

Replies

• mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    What on earth is wrong with people? I'm shocked when people say that sort of thing to children. They are children! They look up to you!

Yes, my weight has kept me from doing things and being the person I want to be. Hopefully soon those days will be over!
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've been held back tremendously for my entire teenage days. Feel as though I didn't make the most of my teenage days at all. Spent the whole time wearing jeans and hoodies, t shirts when it was *really* hot, and I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was almost 19. Even then I didn't feel comfortable really.

But I'm still only 21, planning on making the most of my new body in the next few years before I get "past it"!
  • butterflimom
    Options
    In many ways, yes it has.
    As a child I always wanted to do ballet. My parents never allowed me to even try since I was "too big" for dancing.
    I didn't get to be on my school's dance line because of my weight, had major complications during my first pregnancy due to my weight. I missed out on a lot because of being obese. More than I could list here...BUT now I am not being held back. Because of my weight loss I can now try anything and feel comfortable doing just that. That "fat" person inside of me is slowing diminishing and there is a big 'ole world waiting for me to experience it!

Keep up the good work btw! You are doing a great job!!!
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who passed opportunities .
  • dorioreo
    Options
    You can still do ballet!!!! I took it last year. It gave me nice legs (:
  • dorioreo
    Options
    Ekkk. I am in your shoes now :( in my teenage years (17) I hate showing myself so baggy clothes it is