Frustrated with my job!!!

Options
I don't even know where to begin. This is definitely a vent/let it all out to feel better post! I got married in September. It took a month for work to acknowledge the request to change my last name, and then when they finally did, well lets just say it's been the week from hell. They changed it Friday right before I left for the night. When I got back Monday my home directory along with all of my spreadsheets was just gone!!! Finally Tuesday they gave me my old directory back because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with my new directory. Then when I went into the application I use to do my work, I saw I didn't have access anymore! They said I needed a security request sent in. The lady who does that was gone Tuesday and yesterday but back today. Today I ask her to do the security request and she blows up on me accusing me of blaming her and being *****y. All I did was send her an e-mail asking if she would do the security request! So for 4 days now I have had NOTHING to do at work except sit in front of a computer bored to death...

To top it off, I hate my job. I hate sitting in front of a computer day in and day out in a little cubicle. I have to be moving around, I just have to. Plus when I leave work I feel so lazy and it's SO hard to go to the gym! Anyways, I took the job because they paid for half of my degree. I graduated in July and have been applying internally for management positions (my degree is in Human Resource Management) because there are no HR jobs available at the moment. I keep getting denied and always told it's because I don't have previous management experience. How the heck am I supposed to get experience when nobody will hire me because I don't have experience!?!?!?!?! I have to stay here until January or I have to pay back my tuition reimbursement which I absolutely can NOT afford to do, but I feel like if I stay here until January I'm going to end up screaming at somebody!!

Sorry for the long rant, it's just been one of those days when I'd love nothing more than to go home with a bucket of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream and watch Law and Order SVU lol

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    a good nights' rest makes everything better.

Rest easy.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    instead go to the gym...put your company logo on a boxing bag and take after it...you will feel sooooo much better ----at least in the short run....january will be here before you know it..
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    How frustrating! Sometimes you just need to vent... I hope it helped ;-)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm re-entering the workforce after being at home with my kids for three years.
    I share your frustration of not doing what you would like to do.

I guess you just have to decide whether the tuition is worth staying around for. If you are genuinely unhappy with your job, make a list of your strengths, skills, interests,etc. And look for complementary jobs for your skill set. You could try taking a management course so you can add that to your resume. If you want to stay with the same company, you could approach them about paying for the course so that you are already trained for the position you want when it becomes available.
  • brimir
    brimir Posts: 72
    Options
    So december 1sr start looking for a new job outside of your company. :) i like the punching bag idea.
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    I'm re-entering the workforce after being at home with my kids for three years.
    I share your frustration of not doing what you would like to do.

I guess you just have to decide whether the tuition is worth staying around for. If you are genuinely unhappy with your job, make a list of your strengths, skills, interests,etc. And look for complementary jobs for your skill set. You could try taking a management course so you can add that to your resume. If you want to stay with the same company, you could approach them about paying for the course so that you are already trained for the position you want when it becomes available.

Management courses are the majority of the courses I took because of my degree. I took some of the management courses that the company offers, more like 1 hour long "training" sessions saying what makes a good manager. But they don't care about that, they want somebody experienced at managing
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Oh the punching bag idea works wonders...we had an inflatable one back when my daughter was a baby. I used to pretend that it was my now ex-husband. Needless to say, I popped it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • davekaplan
    Options
    I've had jobs that I didn't like. I usually gave myself a timeframe, like I'll give this a year then I'm going to move on. I know you're trying but maybe think of now as a good time to get ready or seek that next position. You don't have the stress of 'no-job' on you mind. This might sound like a new agey mumbo jumbo, but I'm a HUGE believer in positive thinking. good luck and stay positive. And you should definitely try a morning workout routine, that will turn your whole day around.

Positive thoughts lead to a positive destiny.

Keep your thoughts positive
    because your thoughts become your words

Keep your words positive
    because your words become your behavior

Keep your behavior positive
    because your behavior becomes your habits

Keep your habits positive
    because your habits become your values

Keep your values positive
    because your values become your destiny

If we have positive thoughts we will have a positive destiny.
    If we have negative thoughts we will face a negative destiny.
  • Robinkinchen
    Robinkinchen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That sounds really frustrating. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that, but I hope you won't let that get you off track. Do you feel any less frustrated when you do get a good work-out after work?
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    I've had jobs that I didn't like. I usually gave myself a timeframe, like I'll give this a year then I'm going to move on. I know you're trying but maybe think of now as a good time to get ready or seek that next position. You don't have the stress of 'no-job' on you mind. This might sound like a new agey mumbo jumbo, but I'm a HUGE believer in positive thinking. good luck and stay positive. And you should definitely try a morning workout routine, that will turn your whole day around.

Positive thoughts lead to a positive destiny.

Keep your thoughts positive
    because your thoughts become your words

Keep your words positive
    because your words become your behavior

Keep your behavior positive
    because your behavior becomes your habits

Keep your habits positive
    because your habits become your values

Keep your values positive
    because your values become your destiny

If we have positive thoughts we will have a positive destiny.
    If we have negative thoughts we will face a negative destiny.

I've tried the morning workout, but it isn't for me. I'm not a morning person at all, never have been. I work out longer and harder when I go after work. Thanks for your inspirational post :smile:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Oh the punching bag idea works wonders...we had an inflatable one back when my daughter was a baby. I used to pretend that it was my now ex-husband. Needless to say, I popped it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Now days, we throw TEA BAGS
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    That sounds really frustrating. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that, but I hope you won't let that get you off track. Do you feel any less frustrated when you do get a good work-out after work?

Generally yes I do feel much better after I get in a good workout, it's just the talking myself into going there lol
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Now days, we throw TEA BAGS

And it's almost as therapeutic as the punching bag, LOL!