Hi!!! NEW HERE!

Options
Hi Everyone! My name is Trish. Im new to this site and looking for friend to help encourage me to lose weight. I'm 21 years old and weigh about 190lbs. My goal weight is to be about 135. I plan to do Zumba 5 times a week and to try the Special K Challenge. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appriciated! Looking forward to making some great friends!

Replies

• Ttlklutz
    Ttlklutz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged if your first plan of attack doesnt work, you may have to try different things or different variations of things but dont give up :) good luck!
  • JanaH22
    JanaH22 Posts: 10
    Options
    Im doing the special K too!!! So far so good :)

Feel free to add me for support!
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!! Good luck!!

Feel free to add me...Would be happy to help and encourage you!
  • wilt3357
    Options
    Hi I'm Vanessa, you can add me. I am new to this and could use some encouragement along the way as well. Zumba is so much fun. It's a really great work out.
  • newvictoria
    Options
    Hi Trish!
    Welcome to MFP!!
    I love this program. Add me if you would like to and we can help support one another....
    Good luck girl.
  • newvictoria
    Options
    Hi Trish!
    Welcome to MFP!!
    I love this program. Add me if you would like to and we can help support one another....
    Good luck girl.
  • Mommyof3CrazyBoys
    Mommyof3CrazyBoys Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You can add me if you would like.
  • chrisgodfrey
    Options
    Dont deny yourself anything, just become a downsizer or a swapper. Go for smaller portions eg eat off an entree plate not a dinner plate. Your eyes still get fed after all we first eat with our eyes then our nose and lastly our mouth. Trickery to our tummies but it really works and your body gets enough food and the portion size will be the correct size. Be a swapper, swap sitting for walking, large for small, watching to playing. Vary your excercise, Zumba, walking, jogging, cardio workout at home off a dvd, frizbee with friends and all can be done at no cost. My most important bit of advice is that persistance pays, it will not happen tomorrow but if you remain focused you can only succeed. If you tell lies on your food intake or excercise journal it only affects you so stay honest to yourself. If you slip up just put that to the side and move on. Every hour is a new start.

Get a permanent marker and write on your bathroom mirror why you are doing this. I DO IT FOR ME! or what ever inspires you. (the marker is removable)

Good Luck
  • trish2dope
    trish2dope Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! i will keep it in mind when i eat.