As of today

Options
I am proud to say that I have lost 16.4 pounds in exactly 30 days. I hadn't weighed myself yet when I posted my pic yesterday. I post this for people that are new or need a little encouragement. I am the girl that was destined to be a 'fatty' my whole life. Everyone always said "you aren't fat, you look great'. Well, I looked great all the way up to 230 pounds, then I saw a picture and was horrified. I managed to lose weight then, 5 yrs ago, by going vegetarian over something I saw that absolutely grossed me out. After 80 pounds and a year, I was able to eat meat without getting ill by looking at it. In the mean time, I loved my Quizno's and Jack in the Box, and everything you are not supposed to eat NOT in moderation.
I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2006 and thanks to steroids off and on, I managed to pack on weight back up to 200 pounds. Part of that was me just not caring and being too lazy to move a little and make decent food. Again, Taco Bell was my friend, cheap, easy and falsly "healthier". A friend of mine came to visit and when we went to eat, she was on her phone checking the menu items. I asked what the deal was and alas, she told me about MFP. I checked into it and a month later, her update pic made her smaller then when I saw her and I flipped! that was my Jack in the Box friend..lol. Thanks to her, I gave this site a try. Thanks to her and all of you..I have succeeded and have NO intentions of quitting or giving up. Has it been hard, yes, some days you just want to say nevermind. Have I freaked myself out, yes by eating things I should not eat. Along the way I have learned to eat better and eat in moderation if I eat at places that aren't so good. There are days when that brownie looks good..and if need be I have HALF of one. That way, the craving is taken care of and I didn't over do it. I keep that to a minimum, but have learned to be able to keep it to a minimum.
I want anyone that is new here, or feels like they just are fed up and don't want to keep going to know, YOU CAN DO THIS. If I can...GOD knows if I can, ANYONE can. I am anti workout, who cares, just eat kinda junk food queen. And this site, my friend, and every wonderful person on here has helped me discover a side of myself I didn't know existed. It has made me WANT to be healthier and WANT to care about how I look. Please don't give up on yourself, you can get where you want to be. This isn't a diet, it is a way to look at what you are putting on your plate and make the right changes to help yourself. If you came here, you're here because you wanted something better, something different. You have found it, and changed yourself already by starting a new way of life. Always look to those here to help support you and encourage you. We are all here for the same thing and want the same results and inspirations. Keep at it, no matter what, you can succeed and you will get where you want to be. Thank you all so so much, I owe my life to my friend for pointing me in this direction. Stay positive and you will go anywhere you want. When you don't feel positive, look here for the courage to continue.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congrats and continued success.:drinker:
  • LilPnMeSkinnyFeet
    Options
    Aaawww my Kiki. I love you so. We have been through a lot together. This is going to be by far our best journey together. Everything happens for a reason. I'm glad I was able to see you after 5 years and it was not only a kick *kitten* day but I was able to inspire you in a great positive way. I'm proud of you for sticking with this.. love you Ma

9020445.png

HW...........267
    MFP SW.. 257
    1ST GW... 219 *+*MET*+*
    2ND GW.. 199
    FGW........ 165
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Aaawww my Kiki. I love you so. We have been through a lot together. This is going to be by far our best journey together. Everything happens for a reason. I'm glad I was able to see you after 5 years and it was not only a kick *kitten* day but I was able to inspire you in a great positive way. I'm proud of you for sticking with this.. love you Ma

9020445.png

HW...........267
    MFP SW.. 257
    1ST GW... 219 *+*MET*+*
    2ND GW.. 199
    FGW........ 165

Yes we have been through a lot and seen even more, lol. I am so greatful to you for showing me this. I am glad you came to visit, it was a kick @ss day AND you did help me more then I could even explain. You still do by helping me discover ways to eat things I never would have thought of. Next time you are here, I can't wait to walk by you and not know who you are..lol. You have helped me in a way I certainly never expected, with my health. Everything does indeed happen for a reason and I am always thankful for whatever it is because it helps me better myself. You have givin me what I needed to start that. This will be a bomb journey..race ya to the finish line..LOL
    Love ya back!
  • LilPnMeSkinnyFeet
    Options
    No need for thanks....
    A Little song for you....

Now the race is on and here comes pride in the backstretch Heartaches goin' to the inside My tears are holdin' back They're tryin' not to fall My heart's out of the runnin' True love's scratched for another's sake The race is on and it looks like heartaches and the winner loses all............THE WEIGHT
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Awesome job...you're worked hard and deserve to celebrate that!
  • trinfran
    trinfran Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome Ladies!! You inspire me!!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    No need for thanks....
    A Little song for you....

Now the race is on and here comes pride in the backstretch Heartaches goin' to the inside My tears are holdin' back They're tryin' not to fall My heart's out of the runnin' True love's scratched for another's sake The race is on and it looks like heartaches and the winner loses all............THE WEIGHT
    Bring it sister..I'll meet you at the finish line..hehehe.
    LOVE YA CHELE!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!