Audible User looking for new book recommendations

Options
bshedwick
bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
Anyone else an audible user? I love to work out and listen to a book.

I'm currently listening to Kathryn Stockett's The Help. Highly recommend it.

Anyone else have good Audible recommendations?

Replies

• auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just finished 2

A Stolen Life ( Jaycee Dugarad )

Heaven Is for Real

Both true stories. All my others are chick books !
  • bshedwick
    Options
    I think I need to read Heaven is For Real. My dad recommended it to me as well.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Jeffrey Deaver, Lincoln Rhyme series, and his Catherine Dance series is good too.
    Karin Slaughter, All but one of her books is a series so go to her web site to see what order.
    John Sandford, both Prey series and Virgil Flowers series.
    Brian Freeman, Jonathon Stride series, and his stand alone The Bone House which is set, somewhat, in the area I live in.
    Patricia Cornwell Kay Scarpetta
    Tami Hoag's latests series that is set in the early 80's so none of the fancy CSI stuff yet, it's good!

I have a lot of these books and am happy to share with you because of cost. I would be willing to "loan" them to you. Because we would not want to break any laws. But like I said, I'm happy to share what I've got.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I love Audible! I listen to books when I commute to work and sometimes when I'm walking/hiking. Right now, I'm listening to 'A Dance With Dragons'. It's the latest book in the 'Game of Thrones' series.

I liked 'The Help', too! I've also just downloaded 'The Language of Flowers'. It sounded really interested and had excellent reviews.
  • jupaba
    jupaba Posts: 25
    Options
    Before I Go to Sleep. I am listening to that right now on Audible.
  • bshedwick
    Options
    The Game of Thrones is in my wishlist. I've gone back and forth about getting it.
  • bshedwick
    Options
    I've been listening to a lot of non-fiction books recently.

Rob Lowe's autobiography was my first audible book. Excellent
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I love audio books but unless you like sci-fi I doubt you'd share my taste :)
  • bshedwick
    Options
    I love some good SciFi. The Mote in God's Eye and Lucifer's Hammer were some of my first listens
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The Game of Thrones is in my wishlist. I've gone back and forth about getting it.

Game of Thrones is definitely a big commitment -- all the books are seriously long! But I've loved all of them - especially the third one and the most recent one.