Life isn't fair! Random observations/questions

CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
Why is it that I had to lose 100+ pounds to look 15 years younger, but all my hubby has to do to accomplish that is just shave off his facial hair?

Why is impossible for redheads to tan... or, if they (namely, me) DO get a tan (whether real or bottled/sprayed), why does it have to look so silly?

Why doesn't August have any holidays but all of the other months do?

Why do women with curly hair spend so much time straightening theirs and women with straight hair spend so much time curling theirs?

Any random observations/questions/comments you want to add/ask/answer?

Replies

• zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Love your first observation.

My boss keeps on saying that life isn't fair, so it may be it!

Why is that the day I decide to splurge is the day I'm not hungry? Or otherwise, the day that I have to be extra good the one where I'm starving?
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    Why is impossible for redheads to tan... or, if they (namely, me) DO get a tan (whether real or bottled/sprayed), why does it have to look so silly?

This has been mine for about, oh my entire life, lol.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member

Ditto...I think the only part of me that tans is my left arm...I always end up sporting the most ridiculous farmer tan every summer :grumble:
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Why do our parents teach us as children to play and be fair, only to tell us when we hit our teenage years. That life isn't fair.

That one cracks me up. Mum and i talk about it all the time.
  • Why can't every day be a vacation?

Why can't my hair always look perfect and when I open my closet, why isn't there an amazing new wardrobe daily?

Why does my scale have to always be so darn accurate?

Why can't I have a personal trainier that makes me look fab?

And WHY don't I have a limitless bank account and rich billionaire uncle who extremely generous?

I'm starting to think that Hollywood has been screwing me up for a long time, cause those gals seem to have everything monetarily and materially..... but they are NOT HAPPY. Yup, I'll take my life over those ladies any day. I'm blessed. :)

ANY ONE ELSE? :)
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    "Why doesn't August have any holidays but all of the other months do? "

Because that is my birthday month and one of the most important 'holidays' LoL
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    "Why doesn't August have any holidays but all of the other months do? "

Because that is my birthday month and one of the most important 'holidays' LoL
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Edit - just when you think you have a good answer, you realize you misread the question! :embarassed:
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member

Me too! Good thing we look good with ghost-white skin :)
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Why can't you have all the money to do the things you enjoy AND all the time you need to enjoy them?
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member

Me too! Good thing we look good with ghost-white skin :)

:laugh: That's dang right we do!
  • pussycat626
    pussycat626 Posts: 129 Member
    Why is it that my husband can force food into his body until he feels so sick(which is about 3 or 4 plates more than mine), and not gain weight? Or cut out soda for a few days and drop weight like none other?! I know the answer but its still not fair lol
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    Why is it that my husband can force food into his body until he feels so sick(which is about 3 or 4 plates more than mine), and not gain weight? Or cut out soda for a few days and drop weight like none other?! I know the answer but its still not fair lol

My hubby gains and loses the same 10 pounds every couple of weeks. It's crazy.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Why do hot dog buns come in packages of 8, but hot dogs are packages of 10?
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    life is unfair to everyone, and therefore is fair in its unfairness.
  • healthy_KT
    healthy_KT Posts: 57 Member

Why do women with curly hair spend so much time straightening theirs and women with straight hair spend so much time curling theirs?

I have curly/wavy hair and I love it. I put this curling stuff in it and it looks awesome. I'm really lucky when it comes to my hair. I do straighten it on occasion.
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Why can't you have kids---AND have your own life?

(submitted by a friend, I have no kids for this reason!)
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member

My hubby gains and loses the same 10 pounds every couple of weeks. It's crazy.

Not fair!! *pouts like a little girl* , My husband has been between 190lbs and 200lbs since we met almost 4 years ago and I went from 190lbs to 276lbs, (one pregnancy later)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I'm starting to think that Hollywood has been screwing me up for a long time, cause those gals seem to have everything monetarily and materially..... but they are NOT HAPPY. Yup, I'll take my life over those ladies any day. I'm blessed. :)

ANY ONE ELSE? :)
    [/quote]

I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I love my wonderful husband and my pain the tail teenage stepson. I am truly blessed as well.

Oh and why is it always raining when I'm really in the mood for a nice long walk with my hubby.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Why does my hair always look best right before I go to bed? Why does the lane next to me always go faster until I get in it? Why is it that the better I look, the more critical I am of myself?