Planter's Honey Roasted Peanuts!

Are my weakness....OMG. I have to count out my serving so that I don't go overboard...I used to eat sooo many of those in my pre-diet days....wow. So delicious. Maybe I just need to keep them out of the house, cuz they're soo many calories eek! Anyone else a huge fan of em?? Any healthier alternatives/brands?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    YES, love them! I can no longer buy big packs of anything...even peanut butter!!!
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    I love them too! However, they are easy to measure, and I find that with 1/3 of a cup, I've got that full and indulgent feeling. Respecting the serving size for chips is harder for me, so peanuts it is!!
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    You should also see the sodium content of what you're snacking on.

I'm going with almonds for my nut fix.

I buy a big bag of the raw ones and then roast them without salt. Soooooooo delicious!!!
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Peanuts are awesome enough as it is. Planters didn't need to add sugar, corn syrup, and MSG :mad: Buy another brand and enjoy your nuts!
  • Glad I'm allergic. LOL
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 584 Member
    we bag our nuts as soon as they come in the house in to serving sizes it helps alot
  • Peanuts are awesome enough as it is. Planters didn't need to add sugar, corn syrup, and MSG :mad: Buy another brand and enjoy your nuts!

haha your reply made me giggle
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335

I buy a big bag of the raw ones and then roast them without salt. Soooooooo delicious!!!

That's a good idea. Yeah I honestly don't pay attention much to anything besides calories, and I'll glance at fat. I just figure if I follow the caloric guidelines (which is hard enough for me to do anyway!) then I'll lose weight. I am eating sooo much healthier than I ever was though, that's for sure. So many more fruits and vegetables and just healthy choices in general. So I feel good about it. :)
  • Speaking of peanuts.. I bought a bag of Payday Bars for Halloween and they are sitting in a little cauldron next to my door. I swear they are calling my name. But I am resisting. Today I actually picked one up and I held it for a few minutes. Somehow that made me feel better and I was able to put it down. Darn that peanutty sugary goodness!!!
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    I love peanuts!! I love peanut butter to!! I have been craving them so much lately. I might go crazy if I had them in my kitchen
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Speaking of peanuts.. I bought a bag of Payday Bars for Halloween and they are sitting in a little cauldron next to my door. I swear they are calling my name. But I am resisting. Today I actually picked one up and I held it for a few minutes. Somehow that made me feel better and I was able to put it down. Darn that peanutty sugary goodness!!!

I WANT ONE!!! please :)
    But look at how strong you are for resisting temptation
  • charlesalvear

That's a good idea. Yeah I honestly don't pay attention much to anything besides calories, and I'll glance at fat. I just figure if I follow the caloric guidelines (which is hard enough for me to do anyway!) then I'll lose weight. I am eating sooo much healthier than I ever was though, that's for sure. So many more fruits and vegetables and just healthy choices in general. So I feel good about it. :)

Oh yeah, definitely pat yourself on the back for making the changes you've made so far!! Absolutely! Once you're in a groove (and it sounds like you're on the right track) you'll make further tweaks and refinements to your meal plan as you go.
  • charlesalvear
    Speaking of peanuts.. I bought a bag of Payday Bars for Halloween and they are sitting in a little cauldron next to my door. I swear they are calling my name. But I am resisting. Today I actually picked one up and I held it for a few minutes. Somehow that made me feel better and I was able to put it down. Darn that peanutty sugary goodness!!!

Good on ya mate for resisting!!

My biggest temptations have been at work where our food table is located right outside my office because it is centrally located in my department. I've passed up bagels, breakfast tacos (my biggest weakness), cake, cookies, donuts, you name it.

I think I'll try holding a breakfast taco in my hand the next time!

But I digress..... :)
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Are my weakness....OMG. I have to count out my serving so that I don't go overboard...I used to eat sooo many of those in my pre-diet days....wow. So delicious. Maybe I just need to keep them out of the house, cuz they're soo many calories eek! Anyone else a huge fan of em?? Any healthier alternatives/brands?

Just realized I never responded to your real question. Don't worry about the calories if you want them, eat an ounce (or 2-3 Tablespoons) and enjoy your GOOD fats (we need 'em) and GOOD protein.

Buy raw, or dry-roasted WITHOUT additives so you're not also jacking up your sodium and sugar. I like the honey-roasted too but there are better ways to enjoy nuts (which, btw, peanuts are actually in the bean family I read somewhere).

Zimmermans makes a peanut butter with two ingredients: Peanuts, and Salt. Can't go wrong there!
  • They are MINE too!!! I haven't bought them in over a week because they're so addicting! I totally feel your pain
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Thanks for all the support guys!! Charles you are sweet thank you for the encouraging words :) I will definitely check out healthier nuts and also healthy peanut butter. I'm excited. :]
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    we bag our nuts as soon as they come in the house in to serving sizes it helps alot

That is a great idea!!! I need to do this because I love these things!