Clean eaters?

Options
I am thinking about giving the clean eating a try however I need ideas on what things to make! Anyone have their dairy open and mind if I take a look to get some ideas?

Replies

• CarlyC08
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend using my diary as of lately, but I did have someone tell me to check out Clean Eating magazine or the website for the magazine. Hope this helps!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I need this info too! Thanks for asking! :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Mine is :] feel free to look at this week! Have monday-sunday planned :]

last week not so well as I went home to visit family haha
  • bootstrap7
    Options
    I have opened mine up for you. I eat clean usually Sunday through Friday. Saturday is my "cheat" day, and I don't always log everything that day...

I eat mostly organic soup, salad, and stir-fry for lunches and dinners. (Low-cal dressing on the salads and nothing but lemon and garlic on the stir-fry.) Breakfasts are either Kashi Go Lean cereal with soy milk or a scoop of protein mix with soy milk and a banana. Snacks are apple and a handful of nuts or a rice cake with peanut butter.

I eat mostly the same thing every day during the week because it makes things easy, and I know that it works. (Fewer choices = fewer opportunities to mess up.) I've lost over twenty-five pounds in a couple months eating this way. Once I switch to maintenance mode, I will open up my diet and start eating more variety.
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My diary wouldn't be a great example, but I've been meaning to do this too! I did a sort of detox/cleanse a while back, and ever since I still crave processed food but feel horrible afterwards (like my chip/choco-covered pretzel binge today...), so I think it's pretty clear what my body is telling me :D Clean eating time!
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I was pretty much brought up this way so i find it strange that people consider it a particular diet. I guess it is if you're idea of eating less calories is to have artificial sugar in everything.

So if you're interested add me then you can see my diary (which is closed otherwise).
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    My diary wouldn't be a great example, but I've been meaning to do this too! I did a sort of detox/cleanse a while back, and ever since I still crave processed food but feel horrible afterwards (like my chip/choco-covered pretzel binge today...), so I think it's pretty clear what my body is telling me :D Clean eating time!

Same here! I did my detox a little over a month ago and have been pretty good...well, better at least...since then. But the other day I had McDonald's breakfast and felt awful for a solid 24 hours. And I only ate half of it!
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Look i'm not completely up to date with what is officially considered a 'Clean diet'. I eat very few processed foods and make almost everything from scratch.

I actually have a food blog exploring some of this:

http://angelacooking.blogspot.com/

I don't necessarily buy everything organic because i can't afford to on my student wage, but i do have a bit of a garden (mostly in pots) where i try and grow as much food as possible (tomatoes, peas, lettuce, herbs, strawberries, and now i have some fruit trees started). I find all this kind of thing easy because i am very passionate about cooking and gardening. And i get bored eating the same things over and over again so am constantly experimenting.

But here are some things i've done which probably would be considered part of the whole 'clean food' diet:

- I've explored all possible available grains. It got sick eating just rice and bread and have explored oats, barley, quinoa etc.

- I eat heaps of nuts and seeds: Almonds are amazing and when i get a pumpkin from the shops i eat every bit of it - the seeds roasted, the flesh and even the skin. I'm going to grow some soon and you can even eat the leaves and flowers!

- i got a veggie spiraliser (veggie twister). Changing the textures of vegetables creates endless possibilities and it makes a great vegetable substitute for regular spaghetti or noodles (i'll be posting a whole list of things on my blog soon).

- I usually make yoghurt, bread, relishes and chutneys, sauces and spice mixes and even alcoholic ciders from scratch. Generally it is cheaper anyway.

- i NEVER use artificial sweeteners. It is either very small amounts of cane sugar (only in desserts though, i never add it to anything else), agave syrup or honey, or just use fruit in recipes as the sweetener. This is mostly because i cannot stand the taste of all artificial sweeteners.

- i do drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day. But it is natural and keeps the metabolism up from the caffeine.

- I love trying new fruit and vegetables. Asian grocery stores are a treasure trove of interesting things.

- I do make desserts, but these are low calorie, from scratch and using all natural ingredients rich in nutrients like eggs, fruit, dates, nuts etc. i try and avoid desserts that require flour and or butter, but that is just because they are generally higher in calories.

Anyway that is just my own person philosophy and approach. Take or leave any or part of it. But what i recommend is explore the variety natural food, be excited about it and experiment!

:)
  • Fit_Britt
    Fit_Britt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    is clean eating the same as eating whole foods?
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'd consider myself a pretty clean eater as well - feel free to add me and you'll have access to my diary if you want a little inspiration :)