Are you wondering how to make your favorite foods less calor

Options
jsteinberg87
jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
I actually am a chef (although its just a hobby for now) - and I am working on a food blog. The blog is private, but I'm always looking for new idea's to make my favorite foods with less calories. You post something you want to eat, and I'll try my best to make it for you with reduced calories, and post the recipes, Then I will post them to my food blog, and make it public for all to see!

Keep on keepin' on!

Peace, Love, & Get Healthy!
Jacklyn

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    cookie dough!!
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing idea!!! Maybe shrimp alfredo?? I love alfredo sauce but it's sooooooooo bad for you hahaha
  • smathinly
    Options
    Hungry Girl does this, which I love for when I am craving something... I salute your efforts! I would love to see a really great low calorie cupcake recipe--my boyfriend's birthday is Nov 5th, mine is Nov 15th, and we love cupcakes! Right now my plan is an angel food cake type thing with no icing... thoughts?
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hot wings, french fries, yeungling
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I love grilled chicken alfredo - but dang is alfredo sauce a killer -- calorie-wise.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    garlic bread! haha
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I just made a lighter version of mac and cheese and it was pretty good. Not the same as the full fat version but not bad at all :) I would love to see what ideas people have. Me, I really like sweets, so anything that can be done to make them less fattening but still flavorful would be great!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    garlic bread! haha
  • arispawild
    Options
    PB&J

Black bean enchiladas

Pumpkin Pie
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake:bigsmile:
  • mrnjen2009
    mrnjen2009 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    oh yes... Pumpkin Pie!! ... oh, and cornbread stuffing. =):bigsmile:
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I found this elsewhere and I haven't tried it yet but here's an Alfredo that's sipposed to be really good:

1/2 head cauliflower (30 cal)
    3 tbsp parmesan cheese (60 cal)
    1 tbsp garlic
    salt & pepper to taste

Cook cauliflower till its mushy. Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Add water till its at the right consistency. Heat and serve over whole wheat pasta for a satisfying low cal dinner!
  • kiminoo
    kiminoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    french fries, caramel, noodles
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yorkshire Pudding
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Any thing with chocolate. I love Alfredo sauce. rolls or biscuits. mac and cheese. I love so many bad, high calorie things
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    poutine! frys, sauce and cheese YUMO!
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Creamy pastas...
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    Great replies everyone!!! I will really start working on this! It might take me a while, as I have to wait to get paid... but I am more than happy to do this for all of you!!!!
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    cookie dough!!

Cookie dough I will work on first. Since you commented first :) Butter flavored shortening should help, as well as baking sugar substitues like splenda. I will try my best okay!
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    This is an amazing idea!!! Maybe shrimp alfredo?? I love alfredo sauce but it's sooooooooo bad for you hahaha

The shrimp isn't necessarily bad for you, however, alfredo sauce will be tricky to make less calorific as I'd like to call it. I know I can find a way to make it just as tasty. Surprisingly, dont be afraid if I use things such as yogurt, or a low fat milk to make a roux (which is a thickener of sauces, however you need butter) - There are such things as cream of tartar in the spice section that will do the same however. I love alfredo, so I'l experiment . :)