First day...here we go!

Options
Im a student in college at the moment. Currently always preoccupied by thoughts of food! I find that i have trouble even getting my schoolwork done because im constantly thinking of what im going to cook for dinner, what I should get at the grocery store, etc. So Im really hoping for some hints of how to get food off my mind and concentrate on what is really important in my life!! Im also a hopeless overeater, i love food way to much! And it's never really been a problem until now, Ive become less active but haven't changed my bad eating habits! With the help of this site, im hoping it will open my eyes to all the horrible things I am doing to my body and change my bad eating habits!

Replies

• wiesk1
    wiesk1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Im a student in college at the moment. Currently always preoccupied by thoughts of food! I find that i have trouble even getting my schoolwork done because im constantly thinking of what im going to cook for dinner, what I should get at the grocery store, etc. So Im really hoping for some hints of how to get food off my mind and concentrate on what is really important in my life!! Im also a hopeless overeater, i love food way to much! And it's never really been a problem until now, Ive become less active but haven't changed my bad eating habits! With the help of this site, im hoping it will open my eyes to all the horrible things I am doing to my body and change my bad eating habits!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: This has helped me to see what terrible eating habits I have:smile: But now I actualy am eating more because of a healthier choice in food and exercise. My main thought about food now is measuring food amounts and calories. I am on here recording every bite I take in. :bigsmile: I am sure this will help you as well......good luck.
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
    This site really works. Just stick with it and I know you will be successful
  • bpembleton
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I have only been here a week, but this site is really helping me stay motivated and focused!!!!
  • kookima
    kookima Posts: 2
    Options
    Weisk1,

It's OKAY to love food! I love food! I can guarantee you that most people do! You can keep on loving food and thinking about food as long as you are in control of it....just don't let food control you!

I used to think it wasn't fun to look at nutritional value information, but I realize now, that as a food lover, it is FUN (especially with the help of this website). It allows me to think about food constantly, but instead of it having control over me, I have control over it! Each day I am excited to think about my menu... a good, healthy menu!!! And there are sooooo many combinations and choices. I find myself making better choices because I have control what I put into my body.

Tip: A book that I have found very useful is Eat This, Not That for when you are eatng out !

As long as you are sticking to your plan and are staying active, you have no reason not to be a successful, healthy food lover!!!!

Good luck.