Rude comments

Options
I don't know about any of you but I had somebody rudely reply to one of my topics. The person seemed skinny in their picture. Honestly we are on this website to lose weight and if you are going to be rude and not help or motivate others then you need to get off. This is a support system for people who need help losing weight. Not a facebook where you start drama.

Other than that, I hope everybody had a wonderful day! Just remember if you screw up one day, its okay just get back on your horse the next! We can all do this if we try! =)

Have a stupendous day!

Replies

• ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that someone was rude to you. I have heard others say it has happened to them and it is unfortunate because this is supposed to be a motivational site.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I actually emailed one of the moderators here on MFP and he suggested the use of the "report post" feature. With thousands of posts and threads it's impossible for them to moderate all the forums. That was my complaint too....seeing all the rude comments people would leave others and this is suppose to be an encouraging and motivating site.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    So if this isn't where you start drama....why are you making this post about someone who clearly only told you that you clearly didn't know Jillian Michaels videos are hugely popular and corrected your spelling of her name. How is that rude? I'm sure you'll certainly find this reply more rude.

And I really don't know WHAT point you were making about her being skinny....like that has some bearing on all of this.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I saw that - I don't see how she was rude.

and what does being "skinny" have to do with anything? We are all here for different reasons - lose weight, maintain, gain weight, monitor food intake. We all have a right to be here and personally I find your comment judging the poster rude.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a rude comment directed towards you. However, what difference does it make that this person was skinny? People are on MFP for a variety of reasons and are all at different stages in their fitness goals. Anyone is allowed to join this site, not just overweight people.

Like others said, if you don't like a post, you can always report it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Her answer may have been slightly abrupt, but I didn't read it as being rude. I'm sorry if it made you feel bad, but I doubt that was her intent.
  • wendybrian
    Options
    all I can say is Wow!!! Block that person, who needs negative language on here. Girl!!!! You are awesome to speak up!!!

Do not let anyone upset you. You are on here for a reason, if they want to talk smack then let them go to FB. You know small people have to look so big on the web.

:bigsmile:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Sorry you were offended! :flowerforyou:

Just a note like other above stated, I am "skinny" now but I am still here for body composition :]
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    wow
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the girl who told you that you had Jillian Michaels' name wrong? Because if you thought THAT was rude, you better steer clear of the forums altogether.
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few ppl be rude to others on here. So come on guys lets be SUPPORTIVE!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I think its rude when people post an entire topic about how rude ONE comment was. Its very rude to clog up the forum with a completely useless thread that isn't even comical. Thank you for taking away 2 min of my life that I could have spent LOLing at something.:flowerforyou:
  • jenblowsbubblez
    Options
    ohh!!! I see!! yeah gramar nazis= rediculous. Ppl are here for support not rude feedback.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    ohh!!! I see!! yeah gramar nazis= rediculous. Ppl are here for support not rude feedback.
    I can imagine all the rage you must have built up for grammar nazis. :flowerforyou: You must hear it everyday :cry: I'm sorry.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Not all PEOPLE are RIDICULOUS GRAMMAR nazis!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    What, exactly, does being "skinny" have to do with anything? She shouldn't be here or allowed to post?
    I think I might be called "skinny" too, (which I think is a RUDE comment, btw) but I have just as much right to be here as anybody else, for whatever reason I want.

Also, YOU are allowed to post anything you want, (rude comments about skinny people and spelling corrections included) and so can anybody else.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This site is not for losing weight (even though the majority are currently in a weight loss phase). It's for fitness. My FITNESS Pal, not my WEIGHTLOSS pal. Some people are trying to gain weight. Some are maintaining. Some are changing body composition.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Not all PEOPLE are RIDICULOUS GRAMMAR nazi's.

Hey! No apostrophe to pluralize! :laugh:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    This site is not for losing weight (even though the majority are currently in a weight loss phase). It's for fitness. My FITNESS Pal, not my WEIGHTLOSS pal. Some people are trying to gain weight. Some are maintaining. Some are changing body composition.

This ^
  • jenblowsbubblez
    Options
    I can imagine all the rage you must have built up for grammar nazis. :flowerforyou: You must hear it everyday :cry: I'm sorry.

nope! not at all. I can spell :) Thanks! I just don't pick on people to make me feel better.
This discussion has been closed.