Standing...guilt...tiredness....you name it!

Options
I recently started an activity that requires me to stand for hours (at least 8), with some breaks every 2-3 hours. I don't just stand, I walk around, veryyyyyy slowwwww. Anyway, since then I have been sleep deprived and barely met 1000 calories daily (bad, bad, bad!!!), but I have a banana for breakfast, lunch (6" subway) and light dinner. I am just not hungrier than that. I just bought some Boost to have in addition to the banana in the morning to help with the calories. This is just the past 2 days. I feel so exhausted and sleepy, that I have not done my exercise. I feel so guilty. What should I do, exercise, or go to sleep???? I need to get more organized and be more prepared starting next week. Doesn't this standing all day damage something? Can it count as exercise? I am such a mess :))) !!!

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Maybe your are so tired because you're not eating enough. I may not be understanding if your tired because of a sleep problem or if it's just because you aren't getting enough calories to meet your energy needs. Don't forget that even if you aren't doing much all day, you also need energy and calories to think and breath, so I'd try harder to get more calories in!!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Maybe your are so tired because you're not eating enough. I may not be understanding if your tired because of a sleep problem or if it's just because you aren't getting enough calories to meet your energy needs. Don't forget that even if you aren't doing much all day, you also need energy and calories to think and breath, so I'd try harder to get more calories in!!
    I had a night of not sleeping this week. I am a mess until I make it up. I know I need more calories, this is why I got the Boost.
  • ajm07
    ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You sound tired!

"'exercise or sleep?" - niether, Eat!

I don't see any point trying to exercise in the state you describe yourself. Try to get a healthy diet going first. Then if you are feeling up to it exercise.