when are you supposed to weigh yourself?

Options
When is the best time to weigh yourself? This is the first time I'm going to start tracking my weight and I'm not sure the best way to do it ie: time of day, how many times, etc. Suggestions? Thank you!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    There is no "correct" time to weigh yourself, the key thing is that you pick a consistent time (say, first thing in the morning) and do it the same every week. Your weight will flucutate throughout the day and the week so if you pick a consistent time you stand a better chance of seeing an actual change. If I could do it, I would weigh myself just once a month, but I'm too impatient for that!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    3:15 sharp. I'm not going to specify AM or PM. I don't want to just give all the secrets away that easily.
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    the only thing I'd suggest is do it once a week and at the same time each week if possible.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    You weigh the least in the morning, naked, after you've used the restroom. I prefer to weigh in then and record it once a week to get the most accurate reading. But like Ruby said - any time works, as long as you stay consistent with what time, which scale you use, and roughly the same weight worth of clothing.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Most people like to weigh themselves in the morning after taking a crap.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning, before getting in the shower, after doing any bathroom stuff that needs doing....naked of course. I want to get the truest weight I can get. I don't want to be weighing the steak and salad I just ate....

I'm getting my husband to hide the scale so I can only do it once a week.
  • tiffany4183
    Options
    i think the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning. Do it right before you eat breakfast. You weigh less in the morning and more during the day. hope this helps
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself when you're carrying that olympic barbell plus the two 45s on each end slung across your back. That should do it!
  • spambubbles
    spambubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wish I crapped first thing in the morning!
  • tickletickle
    Options

love it, straight to point. Pref Naked too.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options

I agree.
  • spambubbles
    spambubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I thought that would respond back to the person saying, "First thing in the morning after taking a crap." LOL
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I wish I crapped first thing in the morning!

I thought everyone did? Or is that why alot of people have their morning coffee? haha
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Only on Tuesdays when there's a full moon.
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    best thread ever.
  • KyleJCooper
    KyleJCooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This study has been out for a while, but here is a link that discusses it. This is why I weigh myself every day (plus I'm neurotic like that)...

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=55489
  • rheanon06
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your sincere and humorous comments. I'm totally new at this whole fitness weigh-in stuff so I appreciate your expertise! cheers!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Just way the same time every time you weigh in.
  • fightingforfiftyfive
    Options

lol