Grams of fat

Options
This week I reset my micros to 40/30/30. It used to be about 50/45/15. I can't help but feel like I am eating too much fat. I used to eat 20 g and now I am eating about 45 g per day. I eat 2 T almond butter to reach this amount which I love because I love almond butter, but it just seems like a lot. I don't want to sabotage myself if, in reality, this is too much fat. Opinions?

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    Fat from almonds is great for you. I am constantly over on my fat (it's pretty insane), but I haven't experienced anything terrible. I eat a lot of eggs, avocados, nuts, and almond butter and have yet to find anything wrong. I think this epidemic of "fat is bad for you" needs to stop. The health benefits from fat are vital for the body. Unless you're consuming trans fat or saturated fat in copious amounts, don't fret over the fat.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    fat doesnt make you fat :]
    fat is so good for you! 45g is a good amount :D
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    As long as the increase in your fat intake is not primarily saturated, I wouldn't worry about it. Almond butter is a great addition - even better would be raw almonds. I eat quite a bit of fat too, because I have at least one serving of nut butter and one serving of nuts per day - in addition to olive oil, avocado, and other healthy fats.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    fat doesnt make you fat :]
    fat is so good for you! 45g is a good amount :D

^yup, as long as its good fat!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Some professional fighters consume 60% of intake from fat and look how shredded they are.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i think you should see your doctor before lowering your carbs below 45%, what is your reasoning behind lowering them?
  • soniamissyou
    Options
    I have change my protein Intake and have really lower my carb this has help me a lot !!!!