I NeeD PiZZa!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    you're probably going for the flavor. Use some suggestions listed above, but load on the garlic, oregano, and some hot pepper flakes. :) also onions and 'shrooms; if you MUST have pepperoni, dice it up really fine and sprinkle over like a "condiment", not heavily layered. I love pepperoni :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    breakfast pizza:
    1/2 cup egg white mixed with baby spinach leaves
    (cook as you would a pancake or crepe)

add turkey pepperoni, LF cheese and any other topping of choice. Microwave until cheese is melted.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    This isn't much of a "recipe" but I'll share it regardless. I LOVE pizza but if I want pizza, I'm eating pizza and not some substitute that isn't pizza.

That being said, since I'm cutting right now I'm watching calorie intake, and when I saw the calorie total of most pizzas in restaurants I decided to make my own:

Betty Crocker - Pizza Crust Mix, 1 container (1 crust ea.) 640 132 8 16
    Muir Glen Organic - Pizza Sauce, 1/2 Cup 90 12 4 2
    Market Pantry - Low Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella, 1 container (8 oz ea.) 640 8 48 64
    Sam's Club (Member's Mark) - Shrimp Medium Cooked (No Tails), 7.8 oz.

Total calories and macros: 1578kcal 152c 60f 129p My wife is satisfied with two slices of this. I eat a whole one.
    Two slices would be roughly: 394kcal 38c 15f 32p

http://i56.tinypic.com/2nuno9i.jpg <---- Can't figure out how to embed this but there's the pizzas.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    You can use fat free or reduced fat cheese too! AND they make whole wheat pizza crusts you can buy too, if you don't want the pita..... Also, another good option is to use half of one of those sandwich thins...

Or if you really want a piece of pizza, you can splurge once in a while and have one. Get in a good work out that day so you don't feel guilty about it!
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME ME!!!! I came up with a fantastic one! The kids LOVE it, and even the husband is happy.

Make a dozen mini pizzas:

Orowheat - Sandwich Thins Mini's 100% Whole Wheat, 6 rolls
    Low Fat Mozzarella or Mozz & Parmesan Shredded Cheese, 1 cup
    Ragu - Pizza Sauce Homemade Style,6 tbsp
    Jimmy Dean - Reduced Fat Pork Sausage, 2 oz cooked (1/5 of a tube)

bake for 17 minutes at 375. 75 calories each. It's a weekly meal in the house now.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Polenta can be used as a base!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My wife makes a basic pizza dough, brushes on some olive oil, adds some sauce and lays on thin slices of mozzarella.

I don't know the nutritional value, but its not bad.

The trick with pizza is to stay away from ingredients like sausage or excess oil. The pizza alone is a balanced meal.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If I want pizza (or my husband wants pizza and I need to eat) I've been getting the Donato's NoDough pizza. It's pretty good, but it has no crust, which cuts down on the calories. The sodium is still a bit high though, so I compensate by drinking extra water that day. I also have tried the DiGiorno's 200 calorie pizza - not bad, but again, more sodium. But, it does the trick in a pinch.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    if you are not opposed to frozen pizza I really enjoy the mccain ultra thin crust pollo pizza. there are a few different flavors but pollo is my fave - chicken , red peppers and onions with a bit of mozzerella. only 150 calories per 1/4 pizza. and it's soooooo good!
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This thread delivers... Pizza is what I miss the MOST.....thanks!
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    I make mine on flat out flat bread with turkey sausage, cheese, and lots of veggies (usually fresh mushrooms, peppers, and red onion)!
  • ejllshaw
    ejllshaw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine has pizzas, pretty good but not like the pizza I get from around my home, but I like them better than papa johns or dominos
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use toasted wheat tortillas (toast them to keep them from getting soggy) topped with a little pizza sauce, lots of veggies then a sprinkle of low-fat cheese. Broil all of this and there you have it.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of my very favorite fast foods. I just go with my husband, order a medium pepperoni pizza, eat 2 of the smallest slices I can find, and he eats the rest. Satisfies my pizza want and I get back "on the wagon" the next day. Nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while, just don't overdo it.
  • spuleri
    spuleri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had this tonight for dinner it and it was absolutely amazing! Even my husband was impressed that it was made with cauliflower. This recipe is a keeper!
  • rmtcc3206
    Options
    We love to take a pita the lowest calorie you can find. My daughters love to toast it in the toaster oven first. Each week we buy a big package of mushrooms and bell peppers.We saute then in a bit of olive oil and store in fridge to use on pizza or eggs for breakfast.
    With the mushrooms and bell peppers already sauted we add
    either of these combos
    spinach
    ricotta cheese a tablespoon or so spread on the pita
    spagetti sauce..a tablespoon or so
    turkey pepperoni
    top with low call mozarella
    Calorie count usually less then 200
    bake in over till cheese melts
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    1 cup "riced" cauliflower - chopped small like rice in food processor, then microwave for 4 minutes-do NOT add water

1cup shredded mozzarella

1 egg

Mix and shape onto pizza stone and bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes
    i have not tried this recipe but she said it was good.. this is for the crust. then you add your toppings.

^^ This is really good and doesn't taste like cauliflower at all, very yummy but like someone else said when I want pizza nothing really satisfies until I get the real deal but this will do.
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    right now i'm feeling for the need for pizza building up inside of me. pizza is my ultimate go-to comfort food. i think it's because i have a terrible cheese addiction. i believe i will try one of these suggestions.

thanks!
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am a pizza LOVER!!! When I just want that pizza taste I take half of a whole wheat English muffin and lightly toast it then add a little tomato sauce with cooked onions, mushrooms, and 3 slices of pepperon then sprinkle the top with a little mozzarella. Broil till cheese is melted and a little browned...or however you like it!! To make it a meal I just add the other half as well with a small salad:) sometimes I just really like the real thing though, I just limit myself to 1-2 slices...papa johns is my fav.