I know its gone...but i cant see it

Options
Now, i have lost 27lbs according to my weekly weigh in, I have had to drill new holes into my belt for it to hold my pants up. However, I personally can not see the changes and its starting to get to me. Everyone keeps saying "I can see the difference already". But, i cant, and honestly, thats kinda why im doing this, so i can see the changes. I understand that im still at the starting stages of my weight loss journey, however, id like to visually see something that will let me know that im doing this for a reason.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Now, i have lost 27lbs according to my weekly weigh in, I have had to drill new holes into my belt for it to hold my pants up. However, I personally can not see the changes and its starting to get to me. Everyone keeps saying "I can see the difference already". But, i cant, and honestly, thats kinda why im doing this, so i can see the changes. I understand that im still at the starting stages of my weight loss journey, however, id like to visually see something that will let me know that im doing this for a reason.
    Draw an outline of your silhouette in your mirror. Then at another 10lb loss check it .
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Pictures! I never saw any changes and everyone kept saying they did until I saw pictures.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    measure yourself and take photos of you in different outfits then do a side by side comparison.

i have already lost 15lbs but still dont see it however others can.

sometimes we can be our worst enemy.

good luck and kee up the good work you have earned it.
  • ellefun
    ellefun Posts: 21
    Options
    try snapping A PHOTO of yourself now. and then the next weighing. snap another one. keep doing that and if u are really loosing weight u definitely can see it.

I ve tried it. it works prefectly. Pics Don lie ... =) good luck !
  • sckrlov
    sckrlov Posts: 74
    Options
    I have have the same problem so I have started taking pictures monthly
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Pictures! I never saw any changes and everyone kept saying they did until I saw pictures.

This.

We see ourselves every single day - so we aren't going to see the changes that are happening the way others will see them. Take pics - once a month. Then you will see the change for yourself.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Seriously, do the progress picture idea! I've lost almost 55 pounds, and unless I look at old and new pictures side by side, I still see the same old big me.

It will take a little longer for your brain to catch up with your body, but you will get there!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Make friends with your tape measure too. taking measurments as you lose will show the difference. Way to go on your weight loss so far!:flowerforyou:
  • buddha5050
    buddha5050 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's almost impossible to see the weightloss ourselfs. Our brains are wired to trick us, I have the same problem. I can feel my clothes fitting loose, and my wife can notice but i think she's just being nice (lol). I have to agree with pictures or video.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I see my looser skin, ugh.
  • broby425
    Options
    Joining the chorus: Pictures will do it for you. It's hard to see the small changes as they occur day to day: At that rate, the change is so gradual, you can't see it. If you could close your eyes for a month, then see yourself, you'd see the difference. Pictures will do that for you. The program I'm following (Power 90) suggests that you take a series of pictures every 30 days. If you do this, you will definitely see the difference.
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Pictures. I see pictures of myself now and I am confused because that is what I have always seen when I look in the mirror. It is the pictures from 50+ pounds ago that floor me. I never saw myself like that. It is somewhat shocking actually. So take an old picture and a new one and put them side by side. You will be amazed.
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. At gidget status of 4'10" 20 pounds should be a pretty big loss, but I don't see it. I am totally going to start taking pictures... Ones that show more then just my face.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I totally agree -- pictures. Also, get a goal item of clothing, such as jeans. Try them on at every milestone and see how much closer they are to fitting. While you're at it, try on the jeans you started out in, and see how much bigger they are getting! :)

And keep it up -- you're doing GREAT!!!

Lucy :)
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    i am so glad that i am not the only one who has this issue. It is a huge mindwarp somedays to see any changes
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    it's so hard to see it in yourself. and we're all our own worst critics so we expect the worst. i agree that pictures would be the best way to track weight loss visually.

but you are doing so great! you are such an inspiration!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the resounding tip of taking pics, gonna have to get a camera. Dam phones camera is busted... as a side note, if you ever get a refurbished phone through verizon... make sure it works the day you get it, i mean, make sure everything works. 3 months into using this phone, everything was perfect, i tried using the camera and it doesnt work UGH!!! But, I digress.

but you are doing so great! you are such an inspiration!

Well thank you, I never really thought of myself inspiring anyone except the pizza guy to drive faster to my house :). Buts its good that you are getting something positive out of my journey!! I know i am too, but...well, my topic title says it all, now its time to get a camera!
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had my sis take a picture of all of me this weekend. I can see a difference! Thanks for posting the topic and thanks everyone else that said pictures were the way to go!!!