Morning workouts

Options
As much as it sucks to wake up at 3:30 in the morning in order to get a workout in, it sure feels great to know it's done for the day! Caaaaann youuuuu diiiig iiiitt?!?! :happy:

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I'm all for morning workouts...but 3:30. eeeesshhhh. more power to you.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm a 3:30 am workout gal too killerqueen thanks to my work hours. But I agree....it is great to get it done for the day!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    4:30 and I'm rockin' the elliptical! I LOVE that early morning sweat out!!!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I workout @ 5:00AM, but not done...I jog in the evening as well
  • TimeToWork
    Options
    I'm up between 4-4:30. Then the evening workout is a bonus. :)
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    i get up around 3:30 and try to start my workout by 4:30 so i'll have time to shower and get ready for work. I'm a high school teacher and a coach, so my days start at 7:30 and usually end at 6 (at the earliest!). after that i have no energy or motivation for my workout!
  • kaycea8
    Options
    I am a high school teacher too and I would love to have the motivation to workout in the morning, but I find that if I do that I have to be in wicked early. More power to ya for getting your workout done!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am a high school teacher too and I would love to have the motivation to workout in the morning, but I find that if I do that I have to be in wicked early. More power to ya for getting your workout done!

it's really tough the first couple times, but after a while your body and your mind are almost begging you to get up. i thought about going back to sleep today (my bf gets up this early for work) but my brain made me get up!
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of a morning cardio workout!! It completely wakes me up for the morning and I feel so much better when getting ready for work!
  • Leanne_3
    Leanne_3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm all for morning workouts, I get up at 4am. It's a great way to start the day!
  • Gutz333
    Gutz333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Starting my day with a morning workout just feels more complete! :) I love it!
    I do bootcamps, so I started with a 5:30am, now I am at a 6:00 am. Getting up early gets easier each week.

Power to you for getting up at 3:30am!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have just started to ride a stationary bike before I start my day and it is going good. It is really good to have it done before the day starts.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I'm such a night person, I don't think I could put myself to bed early enough to wake up at 3:30am & my gym doesn't even open till 5am..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Lol, I used to workout at about that time because many of the strippers in used to come in at that time after work!!!! This was a 24 hour Nautilus (before it became FITNESS) in Marin.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. I go to bed at 330 am and workout when I wake up at noon. :laugh:
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Haha..Awesome dedication..lol, I wake-up at 6:30am and bed by 11:30pm...no way could I get in bed sooner to hit it at 3:30am..Wow, nice job!
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am so lazy about sleeping. I don't even work until 9, but have trouble waking up at 6 or 6:30 for the 7am workout before. At least I know I'll get another chance after work.

As soon as I get some other things I care about more in check, I may challenge myself to work out in the morning.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Wow!! I was just about to post a topic asking what the earliest time in the day folks got up to work out :bigsmile:

I've been trying to get up early to fit in 30DS, but it's been hit-and-miss - I have to be ready to leave for work at 7am. I do work out after work with Tae Kwon Do class up to 4 times a week, but I'm looking to increase my cardio and figured working out at home would be the cheapest option!

So a question to those of you who do get up super early, how do you do it? How do you keep motivated and not give in to pulling the covers back over your head?

Cheers m'dears!! x
  • Cherielady
    Options
    WOW! You all getting up at 3-5 am are awesome. At the earliest I get up at around 5:15-5:30am and even THEN I hit the snooze button at least once! lol More power to you all!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm about an hour behind you, but I like getting it in and done with too!