JANUARY= *jammed packed gym*

Options
Every year just like 95% of the US I make my new years resolution to lose weight got to the gym more. HAHA. However just like 90% of those people... by the 3rd week , Im either not motivated any more or too tired of waiting in line for a machine at the gym that I decide "Im done"

So my question is... how many people are sick of the new years gym bingers, and how do you stay motivated after waiting for a half hour for an elliptical! !!

Replies

• hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have found out from the same experience that most will disappear. I go during "off" hours anyways but the crowding does drive me batty. Their intentions are good but their determination is lacking. We have enough cardio machines that there isn't usually a line even during peak hours. I run now so I head towards the treadmill and most new years bingers don't.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    off hours for sure...I would sometimes go at 4-5am or after I got off work at 10-11pm.
  • hazelnut861
    Options
    And why do you wait till new years to make a change? Why not now?
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I was counting on this for a boost to my business this year but it didn't happen :cry:
  • jcandidi1
    jcandidi1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    oh no... that was past stuff... but this is the first time in my life that I am super motivated to do good... before a resolution is made.... im just pre cringing thinking about the lines. I used to be a member at the YMCA and I had to leave there because I work in retail... my schedule is about the same as their hours. I belong to planet fittness now which is an ok gym... but being in delaware and there being too few choices for gyms... EVERYONE and their mom will be there at all hours of the day and night! I guess it was just a small vent to see if other people felt my pain. I am currently doing the classic version of p90x and the gym 4that times a week... I lost 8.5 pounds so far!!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I found that if you're working out around this time oct-dec, you can use January as a "rest" month. Just do everything to maintain your weight by doing the bare minimum. Don't worry by February all the newbies are gone :)
  • hazelnut861
    Options
    oh no... that was past stuff... but this is the first time in my life that I am super motivated to do good... before a resolution is made.... im just pre cringing thinking about the lines. I used to be a member at the YMCA and I had to leave there because I work in retail... my schedule is about the same as their hours. I belong to planet fittness now which is an ok gym... but being in delaware and there being too few choices for gyms... EVERYONE and their mom will be there at all hours of the day and night! I guess it was just a small vent to see if other people felt my pain. I am currently doing the classic version of p90x and the gym 4that times a week... I lost 8.5 pounds so far!!
    8.5 is great! P90x is awesome. Strong women look better than skinny imo. Good luck with it and stick with it.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Every year just like 95% of the US I make my new years resolution to lose weight got to the gym more. HAHA. However just like 90% of those people... by the 3rd week , Im either not motivated any more or too tired of waiting in line for a machine at the gym that I decide "Im done"

So my question is... how many people are sick of the new years gym bingers, and how do you stay motivated after waiting for a half hour for an elliptical! !!

im sick of them because im actually one of them....i get bored really fast so i just said that no more of the new years crap for me .. im starting now...i love the classes that the gym offer but hey thats me ... i do wish u the best of luck hon...:happy:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I would buy a cheap weight set and do some weight training/body weight training at home and some cardio outside in order to survive the month of January.
    That said, I like it this way more than the gym and I am already doing this all year round anyway.
  • jcandidi1
    Options
    Thanks ladies :) I started p90x when I did on purpose... my last day falls on dec 31. So my new years resolution is going to be to dothe p90x lean and doubles... and maybe a few 5ks. Along the way! I want to stick to the same 4 day a week at the gym thing while on p90 than 6 days while off... I just always though january @ the gym was a funny time!
  • lumberjacks94
    lumberjacks94 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am now realizing the greatness of living in Arizona after more than 25 years!!! In the winter, i don't need a gym!! My cardio is now outdoors!!! No line there!
  • jcandidi1
    Options
    Lol no fair!
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think it's just something that we have to deal with. It only lasts for a couple of weeks each year, anyway. I used to be like that, except I'd go jogging every day rather than going to the gym.

Something clicked this year though, and I actually stuck to it! Totally amazed at myself, as I've never had this amount of motivation before in my entire life.