Anyone dieting with a yeast intolerence?

Options
I have had numerous problems with my tummy for many years, always been put down to IBS, however, I've had a bit of a break through and pinned my issues down to an over production of yeast. i am doign the Candida Diet and find it so restrictive, but it's actually really good for my diet, (hardly any food choices means hardly any calories)

Not tracking aswanted to get my head aroundthe diet first, but would like to chat to other people who may have the same problem - there's hardly any information out there on UK websites, all US upto now.

Nicky

Replies

• hogwoo
    hogwoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Have you looked at the New Atkins diet plan? I think they have a yeast free diet plan.
    :smile:
  • honeyb7
    honeyb7 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have been yeast free for many years. Do I cheat, sure! The sugar cravings are the worst. At the suggestion of a dr many years ago over 20 now, I read the Yeast Connection http://www.amazon.com/Yeast-Connection-Medical-Breakthrough/dp/0394747003.

I followed the book strictly and did not eat sugar or yeast producing foods for 3 months. I lost a lot of weight and felt wonderful! But, as we all know I decided to eat some bread and thought, ah it will be alright. But I got a pelvic inflammatory infection as a result. going totally yeast and sugar free taught me I could not eat yeast in foods. It's a long journey to wellness but you will not regret it. Also, I had chronic hives and thought this would get rid of them. But, 20 years later I found out I was allergic to soy! Even though I was tested for soy allergies nothing showed. But the Dr. said eliminate soy and wheat and see if the hives go away and they did.

I wish you well on your journey! If you want to friend me please do! I am happy to support you!
    :smile:
  • creativev7
    creativev7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't have a yeast infection but you might be interested in a book by Zoe Harcombe which covers this condition and other food intolerances its called "Stop counting calories start losing weight" hope that helps
  • nickygsm
    nickygsm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys, it feels like a totally ignored subject within the UK medical world. Its times like this I'm really thankful for the invention of the www!