Don't give up!!!

Options
ljbhill
ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
I was big. Not big-boned, like I used to tell myself, Just big. Let's be honest... fat. I would eat massive amounts of food and feel guilty afterwards. The bigger I got, the lazier I got. It's hard work moving around when you weigh more. Truely. I used to tell my BF to turn the lights off, grab me a drink, get the blanket etc. I grew lazy.

Before starting MFP I lost 13Kg (28Ib). I maintained it for about 7 years but than put on a couple of kg/ib's. It was that... combined with turing the big 30 AND seeing a girl who was very large at school become smaller than me, that kicked my *kitten* into gear. I didn't want to re-gress. I wanted to be fit. I was/AM in my prime! I wanted to....

Be considered thin.

Wear clothes that I wouldn't normally wear.

Be sexy.

Be hot.

Feel great.

I saw myself as a bridesmide in a friends photo, saw a friend lose a massive amount of weight and a girl from highschool who 'used' to bigger than me' transform herself and I thought... if THEY can, why can't I! Why not! I heard about MFP and thought... you can do that!

At first...I was pretty private with my diary and weight loss at MFP because I struggled. Oh how I struggled! Some weeks I thought I would quit and I didn't want to fail in public, so I didn't share....

But the beauty of MFP... is that even if I DID fail one day, I could succeed. If only I would commit... and I did. There were good weeks and bad but I struggled through it and did not give up.

Hopefully I can help inspire YOU... like I was inspired.

I haven't always been perfect over the last 10 months. I don't kill myself at the gym. I tend to have one to two cheat meals a week but at least I'm aware of it and can now make educated choices (i.e. night out drinking means means big exercise day, swap a big dinner out with friends for it at lunch time etc). Sometimes no loss shows on the scales and sometimes I gain but I don't give up and just keep pluggin away. This is a maintainable lifestyle.

I feel like I have control... I don't feel guilt. It doesn't show on the scale all the time.... but because now I'm am educated and am making informed choices on food, I don't feel bad. It's liberating!

I've lost 13 kg (28ib) and dropped 3-4 dress sizes. I'd like to lose another 2Kg (4.5Ib). It's not coming off but I'm not worried. I'm more concerned about toning and about fit now.

I'm 30 years old and have struggled with my weight. Always. I havent weighed under 127Ibs (58Kg) since I was in highschool and training in competitive swimming every day. I'm 30 and now weigh LESS than 16 years ago! :happy:

I've been maintaining it at, 123Ib (55.8kg) for 3 months. Woudn't mind losing a few more though. Lol.

What helped me to keep focused was reading about other people's transformations. It would make me stop and think... well if they can do it, so can I. So I thought I'd post these pics and open my diary to show my weight loss over the last 10 months. The weight was lost in the first 6 months Jan-June. I don't count June- October because the scale hasn't changed but I've posted pics up until now anyways...

Jan 2011... after losing the first 26Ib with WW
P210110_1217.jpg

Feb 2011
IMG_0646.jpg

June 2011
264064_10150206697972423_546027422_7673589_8359496_n.jpg

September 2011
DSC01144-1.jpg

YOU CAN DO IT. Just stick to it and try. If you need some support, add me :smile:

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!..You look GREAT!... :flowerforyou:
  • Joannie1987
    Joannie1987 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is what I am hoping for, just reading the boards over last night and this morning has given me a extra spring in a step I know I can do it now! Everyone's stories are brilliant motivation!

You look amazing in your pics! Keep it up!
  • SexiB
    SexiB Posts: 46
    Options
    wtg...THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION! :smile:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    My mother always told me "Your big boned, you have broad shoulders". If anything that made it worse for me. Almost like there was no hope that I would be small and dainty so what was the point? Now that I have been working out, I do have a larger frame but I am sooo far from big boned and my shoulders look like any other girls. I have every ability to be small.

You are doing amazing! I love how you embraced health as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Keep going and good luck!
  • rachaelmae79
    rachaelmae79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring! Thank-you. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!