New and doing slim fast on program

Options
Hi there i am new to this site i have been following the slim fast plan, which is how i found this link. which told me i had to eat 1700 calories a day..and this site proposed 1200..maybe this is why i wasnt shedding a lb..but i did stock up on the bars and shakes and fruits so i want to utilize this together if possible. My goal is to lose 30 lbs in the upcoming months..i would appreciate any tips or advice from those who have successfully achieved this..i am very motivated this time around..and even bought a new incline treadmill to make things easier..i look forward to reading these posts and finally succeeding in the weight loss battle!

Replies

• smbia
    smbia Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there i am new to this site i have been following the slim fast plan, which is how i found this link. which told me i had to eat 1700 calories a day..and this site proposed 1200..maybe this is why i wasnt shedding a lb..but i did stock up on the bars and shakes and fruits so i want to utilize this together if possible. My goal is to lose 30 lbs in the upcoming months..i would appreciate any tips or advice from those who have successfully achieved this..i am very motivated this time around..and even bought a new incline treadmill to make things easier..i look forward to reading these posts and finally succeeding in the weight loss battle!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

I do slim fast but not how the meal plan has it on their site!! I eat the bars for a snack and if i know im not going to have time to eat a good lunch or dinner i make a shake!!! I always carry the bars with me in my diaper bag or purse cause i never know when i can eat next... i love the slim fast products !!!
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    How did you get the 1200 number. Is that what it gave you after you entered your height, weight, activity level, ect?

Remember that with MFP the more you excersize the more calories you get to eat. Its important to try to at LEAST 50% of your work out calories. I think Slim Fast kind of figures that into their equation.

MFP for me recommended 1320 calories a day but I thought that was a little low so I aim for 1500 a day and a little more if I'm having a vigourous workout day. Either way I wish you all the best and hopefully theese pounds start coming off soon
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I have a baseline of 1200 also but I eat about 1400 because I exercise daily.

Start using the journals to plug in your food and exercise to see where you're at right now. Once you know what's going on, you can start planning a better course. Definitely don't cut 500 calories without looking at your calorie allowance after exercise. The problem might be elsewhere.