Used Strep As A Starting Point

Options
I am finishing up a battle with the most horrible case of strep throat is spread into my left ear and well that was a nightmare. Anyway I had slacked on my dieting and balooned up to like 315lbs I used the strep throat as a jump of point to watching what I ate it just seemed that with as much as I love eating that if I picked a time when I didnt have any desire to eat it would be a good time to start managing my desire for food and low and behold even when my throat stopped hurting that desire to just gorge myself on food didnt return. With stress sometimes it still jumps up to say "EAT SOMETHING" but I have learned that I am stronger than that desire.... I am stronger than the need to eat just because I want too.... :)

Blessed Be
Mark

Replies

• needlesedge
    Options
    I am finishing up a battle with the most horrible case of strep throat is spread into my left ear and well that was a nightmare. Anyway I had slacked on my dieting and balooned up to like 315lbs I used the strep throat as a jump of point to watching what I ate it just seemed that with as much as I love eating that if I picked a time when I didnt have any desire to eat it would be a good time to start managing my desire for food and low and behold even when my throat stopped hurting that desire to just gorge myself on food didnt return. With stress sometimes it still jumps up to say "EAT SOMETHING" but I have learned that I am stronger than that desire.... I am stronger than the need to eat just because I want too.... :)

Blessed Be
    Mark
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    glad your feeling better....congrats on the loss... good luck!:drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I just finished a battle with strep last week myself! I went nuts not being able to go to the gym!

Good luck on your quest!