Personal Trainers online?

Options
Hi my name is Brittany but people just call me B.
Anyways I usually post on the motivation and support thread but I thought this question was more related to fitness/exercise and that maybe some of you here could answer my question a little better.

I am a very unhappy 19 year old who weighs 220. not happy about that. If you wanna know why if it relates to helping me out read the profile.

Anyways I really want to drop the love handles, the massive theighs, and tighten up my core area.. its a bit flabby.. as you can imagine.

From experience/knowledge can someone give me a fitness plan. I don't really know what I am doing except on leg press, leg abductions and leg something else.. the other exorcise besides abductions....
Basically can someone be my personal trainer online?!:frown:

<3
B

Replies

• its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Hi my name is Brittany but people just call me B.
    Anyways I usually post on the motivation and support thread but I thought this question was more related to fitness/exercise and that maybe some of you here could answer my question a little better.

I am a very unhappy 19 year old who weighs 220. not happy about that. If you wanna know why if it relates to helping me out read the profile.

Anyways I really want to drop the love handles, the massive theighs, and tighten up my core area.. its a bit flabby.. as you can imagine.

From experience/knowledge can someone give me a fitness plan. I don't really know what I am doing except on leg press, leg abductions and leg something else.. the other exorcise besides abductions....
    Basically can someone be my personal trainer online?!:frown:

<3
    B
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Hi! I'm pretty new to this exercise stuff, but my physical therapist gave me a list of things to do for my core, to help with back pain. I love my exercise ball! There are so many exercises to do at home, crunches, reverse sit ups, leg lifts, side crunches, to name a few. I also got some resistance bands and saw results almost immediately. As for the gym, I stretch to warm up, walk for about 20 minutes and do various machines. I'm not sure what they are called but I alternate between legs and arms and chest/back. I hope this helped.:wink:
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A good thing to strengthen your core is pilates.....I think it might be one of the best ways to get it up to par actually... also for belly fat and love handles jogging works really well.. start out slowly in the beginning and add time to it every week. Weight lifting is a good way to burn calories especially when you work large muscles groups, but you can't spot tone, it helps to find something that may work multiple muscles at the same time(DVD's) Good luck...happy losing.:drinker:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Do you have a gym memembership?
    I go to Goodlife and they have a great 20 min circuit where you go through about 10 machines. They will take you through an orientation where they show you how to set up and use the machines. When I started out I did the cicuit and then approx 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times per week. Since then my regime has changed several times, but that is a good starting point.

P.S. I sent you a PM
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help but a very successful local trainer here, he does a boot-camp, says that the 3 perfect exercises are push-ups, crunches, and squats. If you just do those three things I would be willing to bet that you will see results. They work all the major muscle groups of the body. No fancy equipment or gym membership needed. They aren't fun or flashy, but they work. Good luck to you.
  • its_B
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice!

@ Katie, how do you really use the ball, I always end up falling on my butt! and how much do resistance bands cost, do they come with an instruction book by any chance?

@Bug, Is pilaties better with a group of people in a class or something? or are DVDs okay, if so what is your personal favorite?

@ Kat, I <3 the pm, and yes I do have a gym membership, I go to Snap Fitness.

@jtintx Where do you live? I reside in MI. I don't think I do squats right. I never feel much of a burn. and sadly I do girlie push-ups. I don't have a strong enough upper body for the extra weight I have gained.

Please keep offering suggestions.
    So you know I usually do about 60 minutes of walking/elliptical whenever I go to the gym and about 20 minutes of weights. but I really am not seeing any results. and I keep with in my calorie limit of 1,300 set by myfitnesspal.com... given it has only been a week and a half but, I thought I would have lost something by now. please any fitness advice at all is WELCOME!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

@ Katie, how do you really use the ball, I always end up falling on my butt! and how much do resistance bands cost, do they come with an instruction book by any chance?

@Bug, Is pilaties better with a group of people in a class or something? or are DVDs okay, if so what is your personal favorite?

@jtintx Where do you live? I reside in MI. I don't think I do squats right. I never feel much of a burn. and sadly I do girlie push-ups. I don't have a strong enough upper body for the extra weight I have gained.

So you know I usually do about 60 minutes of walking/elliptical whenever I go to the gym and about 20 minutes of weights. but I really am not seeing any results. and I keep with in my calorie limit of 1,300 set by myfitnesspal.com... given it has only been a week and a half but, I thought I would have lost something by now. please any fitness advice at all is WELCOME!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    Any will work, i prefer to do them @ home so i don't look and feel like a dweeb if i fall, when you build up your core you fall less. there are so many out there, i use one by Gaiam but am going to switch soon(old).it's also always cheaper to do DVD's and get weights for the home than a gym membership if $$ is a concern.
  • ktthegr8
    Options

Both the ball and the bands came with an instruction book and a dvd. As for staying on the ball, start out with it not so full of air, get used to the exercises and inflate it as your comfort level increases.
  • ktthegr8
    Options
    Sorry, they cost about $15.
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    B... I think all the suggestions you've been given so far are all helpful (the only other erercise I would add to push-ups, crunches, and squats would be pull-ups to get those back muscles, shoulders, and arms... I call those exercises the "Fab Four" :bigsmile: ). One thing I think may help too is to think about and write down some goals for yourself, and give yourself reasonable time frames to achieve them. That way, you have something objective to measure your progress by. Also, as you know, our bodies don't get the way they are overnight, so patience is a virtue in fitness for the long-term.

You mention that you need someone to be your trainer for you. I would suggest the workout programs from Beachbody (see my site below or Beachbody.com). The workouts are already on the DVD's for you; just pop them in and away you go, and you have the advantage of doing that at home and paying for it once instead of every month for a gym membership. I used to do the gym thing, but I'd never go back, and I get better results at home than I ever did in the gym. Of course, everyone has their own thing. At the end of the day, stick with what works for you and that you can stay consistent with, and the results will come.

Best of luck to you on your fitness journey. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.
  • DivaLisa
    DivaLisa Posts: 29
    Options
    i want to add, i dont think your eating enough calories for the workouts your doing

for 1 week, try eating say 1500 calories and see how it goes

MFP gave me 1600 , but i eat around 2000 ( give or take about 100)

this week alone i have lost 3 pounds ..

i am new to MFP not new to weight loss ..

also watch the sodium and make sure your getting in your water .. it helps
  • its_B
    Options
    thanks everyone again!

And I will definitely try going up to about 1500. your right maybe Im not giving my body enough energy so it is refusing to let go of the fat I do have.

And squats.. sigh.. apparently I must get over my fear of them an start doing them.
    Please if you have any more suggestions go for it! there might be other people who have the same type of questions. Plus I could ALWAYS use advice!

<3 u all!
    B