To work out or not to work out

Options
I've been under the weather the last few days sore throat, coughing, chest tight and a little aching. Not feeling any better today actually may be a little worse. Need to work out but not sure I have it in me. Do I just mark this week up as a non-working out week or do I suck it up and go for it? What do you do when you are not feeling well do you workout or do you sit it out until you are feeling better?

Replies

• CindyWarner
    Options
    Don't work out if your not well. It will run down your body and could make you sicker. Just make sure you eat good quality foods and you'll be fine.

Feel better soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • KitCatMcG
    KitCatMcG Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    And drink lots!!!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Your body needs time to recover, and if you force it you could put yourself out of commission for even longer.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you feel like you absolutely have to exercise, then just go for a walk in the sunshine. The sunshine might help you feel better. Make it a fairly laid-back, leisurely walk. Don't push your body; it's probably burning calories just trying to fight off whatever virus you have.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been full of the cold since last Friday, and when I went to the gym on Monday I was on the x trainer for 20 minutes, and then made myself sick through coughing!

Then I sat out Tuesday, went to Zumba on Weds, which was ok... (Maybe because it was light exercise) but when I went back to the gym last night, I felt like I just couldn't work out for very long without feeling like i was sooo unfit.

So my advice is keep it light!!
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You need rest. Just make sure you limit the amount of calories and sodium. Drink plenty of water.

Once you get better you can kick some booty!

Get well soon!
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    Thank you everyone - I just feel so guilty about not working out, but I'm going to let my body rest for another couple of days and hopefully kick it up on Sunday. Going for a leisurely walk in a little bit though. The sun is calling me to come out and enjoy.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I work when I'm not feeling well as long as I don't have a fever. Sometimes I find that I feel better afterwards, like I'm "sweating it out." But I also make sure to get plenty of rest and healthy food.