70lbs down in 116 days

Options
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
Won't call this a success story but rather a progress story. 116 days ago I decided to make a major life change. I was eating an average of two fast food meals daily, drinking between 32 and 44 ounces of soda daily, eating when I wasn't hungry and sitting around making excuses. My friend invited me too this I told him it was dumb. A week later I realized I had a serious problem when I weighed in for my life insurance premium and was simply told I was uncoverable due too my weight. I was at 370. With mainly diet and being fast food/ soda free for 116 days I've list 70 lbs. My doctor told me too diet the first 70 off as she was concerned with the weight pressure on my knees so here I am about half way and out of the 300 lb club officially. I'll post difference pics later.

Replies

• mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • snowyangel61
    snowyangel61 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wtg keep it up :smile: wish that worked for me.. I have been free from fast food/deep fried and pop for 46 days and have been on a plateau for 3 weeks.
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to go!
  • robmaguire1
    Options
    Congrats. I basically did the same thing as you. Cut out McDonalds, Wendy's, Five Guys Hamburgers (That was really tough). Just hit 70lbs myself yesterday.
  • rainman3k
    rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great Job, it is amazing what a little motivation and a few changes will do. I am hoping to follow in your path!
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! KEEP IT UP
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Smart you and smart Dr a lot of people try to get into hard exercise to fast and injure themselves and some get so much into it they never give their body's time to recover Well done
  • Cold_Steel
    Options
    Wtg keep it up :smile: wish that worked for me.. I have been free from fast food/deep fried and pop for 46 days and have been on a plateau for 3 weeks.

Honestly the thing that works for me, if you look at my food diary is I vary my intake when I am in a rut. For example the day before yesterday I did 1k in calories the next day I did 2k I lost 2 lbs the next day. I am not a doctor so I dont suggest it but it seems to work for me. It seems like it just kicks my metabolism up high.
  • Cold_Steel
    Options
    Congrats. I basically did the same thing as you. Cut out McDonalds, Wendy's, Five Guys Hamburgers (That was really tough). Just hit 70lbs myself yesterday.

Yeah the only thing I really let myself go on is a new york style pizza and mexican food occasionally. Two slices is around 600 and the tacos I get around 650 but I usually work it off or eat light dinner or whatever...

It was easy cutting out the BIG CHAIN places like McDonalds, Wendys etc but the Five Guys, Inn and Out and those types... holy crap thats another story
  • Marygert8
    Marygert8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful ! :)
  • karyna30
    Options
    That's Awesome! Keep it up!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!