Newbie....

Hello~

I'm 27 and trying to lose weight for the millionith time. A friend told me about this site and I'm finally trying it. I'm hoping this be the site to help me kick my butt into gear. So far, I get into kicks where I start something like WW or exercising, but get frustrated and stop it. I'm suppose to start at a gym with some sisters of mine, but who knows when that will be exactly (suppose to be maybe January, but I don't know) and I need to do something now. I hate doing this on my own, but so far, it seems like that's what I'm doing. So, here I am. I'm looking for some people to do this with me. I would love someone to do this with me the way that I am who can help keep me motivated (and I in return help keep motivated) and who hopefully am into the same stuff I am. That way, there will be more to talk about. Otherwise, it's gonna be an awfully short conversation. Here's a possible scenario of this: "Hi. Did you work out today?" "Yeah. Did Zubma for an hour. How about you?" "Oh, Pilates for a half hour and strength training for a half hour." "Wow, rock on." "Same to you." "Did you stay on track of eating right?" "Yep. You?" "Yep." "Well, bye." "See ya."

Oh, I guess now you all know that I have a very vivid and overactive imagination. Haha! Maybe that's why I'm the creative type. I love art, crafts, books, music, movies, and video games. I'm very eclectic with everything that I love, too. I don't just like one type of music, books, art, and so on and so on. Why limit my options? I guess that's why I exercise the same way.

Basically, if anyone's lookin' for someone that they can talk to, vent to, share common interests with, exercise with (gotta love technology!), eat better with, and who is tryin' to lose a lot of weight (I'm trying to lose 80 lbs.), then message me and we'll go from there. I'm in major need of support and I'm hopin' this is the last attempt to lose weight. I'm hoping that this time I'm more successful in my journey to lose weight. Sorry if I've been rambling. I just love to cover all my bases whenever possible especially with things that are important to me. I think I'm also in a very chatty mood right at the moment. Sorry again! ^_^

Oh, and for future reference, I'm a very geeky/dorky/nerdy kind of gal. Just thought I'd warn all those who message me because I love geektastic things and end up referencing/talking about them.

Replies

• Heya :) first of all, welcome to MFP!

We seem to share a lot of the same interests, I'm also very creative, and also consider myself to be rather nerdy xD i love video games (much to the excitement of my boyfriend, haha) and am trying to lose weight for the last time.. I hoped that doing it with the support of other people would really help, and it already seems to be working :D
    Feel free to add me, I'm sure there'd be lots for us to talk about :)
    Good luck on your weight loss journey,
    Lulu x
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 481 Member
    WELCOME!!! this is a great site!
  • kakelly1974
    kakelly1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Love your signature!