I couldn't fight the urge

Options
I've been doing so well and then yesterday I had urges for chocolate and soda. It was like I couldn't even fight the temptation. I gave in and felt bad immediately. I'm feeling the urges again today. I don't know what to do.

Replies

• netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Stop punishing yourself and understand how to compensate. If those things remain the "FORBIDDEN FRUIT" your cravings won't leave you
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Don't deny yourself all together, if you really want chocolate than have a mini chocolate bar to satisfy you. Or if you dont think you could just stop at one try something else that might curb your craving.. chew gum, get up and do something active to get your mind off of it.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Work them into your calories and you shouldn't feel bad at all :)...or workout to burn off the calories that you do consume. I plan on jogging tonight so that I can have a delicously greasy dinner!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You have to fulfill your cravings to some extent. Maybe eat a Skinny Cow chocolate bar and a diet soda. If you don't compromise with the cravings, they will run your life.
  • emyback68
    Options
    Well, putting up a post about it was a good idea. This happens to me a lot. I often use the trick my Dad used with quitting smoking. Wait 15 minutes, and then see if you really still want it.

Also, i find writing really helps. Write down all of the reasons why you should NOT give in to the cravings. Read them over and over.

Some people are able to get by just by have a little bit, then moving on. I am not one of those people . . . for me a little bit almost always leads to more.

Keep experimenting, you will find something that works for you! Good luck!
  • ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I still eat chocolate on a daily basis. I just now eat a half a candy bar rather than more than one each day :) I feel that if I try to give up on chocolate I will end up giving up on the diet instead. So I made a compromise I can live with. And BTW I just realized I missed my candy bar yesterday and didnt even notice! Go me!

So the message is...dont deprive yourself just limit yourself
  • mallie233
    Options
    You have to fulfill your cravings to some extent. Maybe eat a Skinny Cow chocolate bar and a diet soda. If you don't compromise with the cravings, they will run your life.

THIS ^^^^
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and sparkling water with crystal light!

:3 just an idea.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The one thing that has helped me with stopping soda is the crystal light packets. Theres even one or two that have caffeine in them, so if the caffeine in the soda is part of the addiction (it was for me) this will keep you from getting headaches from withdrawl
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that completely denying yourself something that you enjoy is the best way to sabatoge a diet- becuase you end up bingeing instead of eating healthy amounts-

All the above suggestions are great- I keep dark chocolate m& m's handy just for that reason!

:)

don't stress- and don;t beat up on yourself!
  • kstw
    kstw Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I look at this as a lifestyle change and not a diet, and have lost over forty pounds since January. I love chocolate and sodas too. I work them into my meals...not daily but when I want or need them. Usually I can eat a snack size candy bar or drink a portion of a soda and that is satisfying, especially if it is just a craving. Sometimes I even allow myself more! If you deny yourself something you truly want that is one way to undermine your weight loss. Don't beat yourself up over it but include it in your meal plan at times.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I use skinny cow 150 cal chocolate ice cream cups to satisfy my chocolate cravings... I had a snickers last week for the first time in like 2 years, that's how bad my week was and immediately regretted it. But feeling bad won't help. Maybe do a little workout and you might feel better. But over all don't punish yourself for eating something you enjoy! I try to use healthier versions for even my splurge foods, but not always.
  • Kim1129
    Options
    I love you baby girl. I know you can do it. Let's get back at this. Momma hasn't been a good girl either. We'll start tomorrow.And, I have a Richard Simmons Exercise DVD, Sweatin' to the Oldies!!! Wanna try it???? Love ya!! Mom