Hello waist! Hello pelvis!

Options
chyloet
chyloet Posts: 198 Member
Recently, during my morning ritual of showering and getting ready for work I was standing facing the mirror and happened to glance down at my waist area as my robe hung partially open and smiled when I noticed that I could look down and see my pelvis. No FUPA (and if you don't know what I am referring to I'm sure that it's defined in Urban Dictionary). I'm not proud, I had a FUPA and I hated it. Good news is, I don't have it any longer :)
As I noticed this glorious acheivement I opened by robe a little more only to find that my waist had returned too! My beautiful womanly hips accentuated by the reduction of my waist :)
Last night, my boyfriend of 4years (who had never made mention of my weight gain of 35lbs over the past 3 years) randomly looked at me and said, "You really look great, babe". My boyfriend always tells me that I'm beautiful but this was different. It was as if all of the sudden he'd noticed what I'd been noticing over the past few days.

All I could respond with was "I FEEL great!"

Just wanted to share, thanks for listening, have a great day and remember:
It's not easy and it's not going to happen over night, but anything worth having is worth working for and YOU TOO WILL FEEL GREAT! :)

Replies

• smathinly
    Options
    WOOOT! That is an awesome success, go you! Yes, i KNOW what a FUPA is, and I have one... can't wait to follow in your footsteps! Rock on lady!
  • _runchick
    Options
    Great post... congrats and well written :-)
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    aww!!! =) thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    FUPA, I had to look up! Gotta love it!!! Great job with losing yours!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    this is awesome...even though I need to go figure out what a FUPA is.

keep up the awesomeness!!!!
  • angiecraine
    Options
    Girl, same thing over here!!! I will never take my skeletal system for granted again!!! I love seeing my collar bone and just the tiniest outline of my pelvis. My husband of five years (almost) says the same thing to me. And I respond with, "I FEEL great". It is so great to feel sexy again. Congrats to you :)
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Congrats on getting rid of the FUPA!! yay! and even better that HE noiticed too! great job!
  • slnash
    slnash Posts: 16
    Options
    OMG That is so funny! I had no idea what a FUPA was, so I looked it up. All this time I have been referring to mine as: "What the hell is going on with that?" Here's to saying goodbye to FUPA! :)
  • chyloet
    Options
    Thank you for all of your kind responses. I was really nervous about posting a topic. :)
  • chyloet
    Options
    OMG That is so funny! I had no idea what a FUPA was, so I looked it up. All this time I have been referring to mine as: "What the hell is going on with that?" Here's to saying goodbye to FUPA! :)

That's hilarious ... roflmao!!! :laugh:
  • Myzstarr
    Myzstarr Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    oh my!!!! i never knew it had a name. i had to look it up. i always called it "that fat pocket". glad u lost ur's boo. lol
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome success!!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What an AWESOME story!!!!
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

That's hilarious ... roflmao!!! :laugh:

LMAO!!! I also had to look it up. LOL I have always been heavy and I thought that was the way it was always going to be, but with my new found weight loss I know it will disappear! yay
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!