advice for 5ft 3

hi all im 5ft 3 with quite a tiny frame, when i started mfp i was 150lbs and a uk size 12 i have since dropped to 120lbs and am unsure whether or not to loose another 10lbs, i have suffered an eating disorder in the past and dont want to go back down that line again. so what do ya all think by the way im now wearing a size 8 comfortably and some size 6s any ideas would be appreciated

Replies

• MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    First off I want to say Congrats on coming as far as you have!!! I think that if you feel comfortable and healthy, then this would be a great weight for you to maintain. Hope this has helped some.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Without seeing you, I would say if you are happy with how you look. Then 120 it is. But If you still have same areas you want to work on, maybe focus on fitness rather than weight loss.
  • You sound like you are the right size as you are. stop now :smile:
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    I am 5' and my goal is a size 8 :)
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    aqua_zumba_fan Posts: 383 Member
    It sounds like you've lost plenty and if you've had an eating disorder before you need to be so careful with trying to lose weight. I say don't try to lose more. 120 is a pretty low weight really and size 6-8 is pretty tiny. If you got smaller finding clothes would be tricky too I imagine (I kinda hope tbh!)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    hi all im 5ft 3 with quite a tiny frame, when i started mfp i was 150lbs and a uk size 12 i have since dropped to 120lbs and am unsure whether or not to loose another 10lbs, i have suffered an eating disorder in the past and dont want to go back down that line again. so what do ya all think by the way im now wearing a size 8 comfortably and some size 6s any ideas would be appreciated

Sounds like a topic to discuss with your doctor who knows your health history. An internet forum is not the best place to ask for that kind of advice.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    I'm 5'3" also and I think 120 is a great place to be but if you drop a little lower you're still in the "healthy" BMI range. My goal weight is 120 and when I get to that I will switch to maintenance but continue strength training and toning!

It's really up to you and how you feel. :flowerforyou:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Congrats on losing the weight!

You will still be at a healthy BMI if you lose another 10lbs, but it will be pretty close to 'underweight'. Right you're at the 'normal weight' range, so there is really no need to lose any more. I'd suggest maintaining your current weight :)
  • DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281 Member
    I agree about asking your doctor. I just asked mine and I'm the same height as you. She told me 120 lbs would be the right range for that height but then you have to factor in frame size and muscle mass. Since I have a larger frame and a lot of muscle she put me around 125 - 130 lbs.
  • CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    My goal is 120 at the same height. I'm about 130 now. But I may just take 125 because I don't remember the last time I was 120
  • max4pups
    max4pups Posts: 29 Member
    I'm 5'2" and now weight 125 after loosing 40 lbs. I am very small frames as well... I'd say 120 is a very healthy weight for you :)
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Sounds like a topic to discuss with your doctor who knows your health history. An internet forum is not the best place to ask for that kind of advice.
    [/quote]

i was only asking and if you read the other comments people have left then you will see its the perfect place to ask advice thats what its there for
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    thankyou all for the advice i think im going to maintain as i am and just work on toning my tummy a bit more thanks again x
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member

i was only asking and if you read the other comments people have left then you will see its the perfect place to ask advice thats what its there for
    [/quote]

I disagree...internet forums are not the place for medical advice. Best wishes to you! ;)
  • sexyminxinthemaking

I disagree...internet forums are not the place for medical advice. Best wishes to you! ;)
    [/quote]

yeah and i disagree with you thats why on the top of this topic it says for help and advice with weight loss, didnt your mum ever say if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything, go find some manners goodluck to you
  • Lizzie4942
    Lizzie4942 Posts: 20 Member
    Go for it. Keep loosing weight. I'm five foot four and 186 pounds. I'm a blimp lol. or just keep eating healthy. There are days I still think about eating bad food but you know what I"m almost to the point i'm scared to now. I dunno how it would make me feel afterwords.