when should u see results?

Options
Hi! I started on myfitness pal just a week ago and I love it!!! I didn't have a clue of what i was eating and how many calories i was taking in! Anyways, i do a cardio workout 5 days a week for 1 hour and am keeping under my goal calories. How soon do you see weight drop off? Its frustrating when you work so hard and see no difference. I know its so early for me to be saying this, but it would be nice to see some wieght come off to keep me motivated!
I was wondering how long it takes for your body to start dropping weight?

Replies

• r_ar04
    r_ar04 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I started on myfitness pal just a week ago and I love it!!! I didn't have a clue of what i was eating and how many calories i was taking in! Anyways, i do a cardio workout 5 days a week for 1 hour and am keeping under my goal calories. How soon do you see weight drop off? Its frustrating when you work so hard and see no difference. I know its so early for me to be saying this, but it would be nice to see some wieght come off to keep me motivated!
    I was wondering how long it takes for your body to start dropping weight?
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Depends on each individual really. Also, someone who has 100 pounds to lose will see results a lot quicker than someone who only needs to lose say 10 pounds.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    According to your profile, you only have around 10 pounds to drop. It will take some time to see results since you have less to lose. Keep up the great work and make sure you are eating your exercise calories!
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Try to stick right around your calorie goal and if you go under don't go under by much because since I'm assuming you're pretty small anyway (10 pounds to lose) your body may start keeping the pounds on as if thinks you do not have adequate access to food.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! It's frustrating to see some people on here lose a lot of week in a small amount of time. You just have to remind yourself that people with more to lose end up losing more each week. It took a full two weeks before I lost 2 pounds and now each week it seems to be only 1 pound a week that is coming off.

I find that measuring myself with a tape measure helps make up for the disappointment at the scale. It's a lifesaver and a motivator.
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    I started to see results after 3 months and end of march I was losing avg of 2 pounds per week but this like I said with dedication took 2 month then boom its flying off.