Carbs....

Options
I'm 5'3" and eating roughly 1200 calories per day. I work out a minimum of four days a week, burning at least 400 calories per session. I have two problems.

A. I eat too many carbs
B. I dont eat enough veggies and fruit

Help. Any suggestions on how to incorporate these or unincorporate these items from my diet?>

Replies

• SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could mix them. Two thirds vegetables and one third carbs.
  • Upcycled
    Options
    I've been keeping my carbs pretty low lately (under 60 a day) and my cravings have gone away completely. If you don't want to cut them out mostly, try to incorporate healthy ones (whole grains, etc) and it will keep your blood sugar from spiking:)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I have started making all different kinds of soups, carrot, squash, cabbage, chicken noodle, stew, navy bean, split pea etc can add lots of veggies gonna make zucchini soup today.
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Veggies and fruit have carbs, but the body needs carbs. Maybe try replacing refined carbohydrates (like rice, white bread, snack crackers, etc.) with a cleaner version (like quinoa, 100% whole wheat, brown rice) and transition to smaller portion sizes while increasing your veggies and leafy greens and whole fruits. Pairing carbohydrates with a little fat and some protein at the same meal or snack helps minimize the effect on blood sugar.
  • sdrabor
    sdrabor Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have started making all different kinds of soups, carrot, squash, cabbage, chicken noodle, stew, navy bean, split pea etc can add lots of veggies gonna make zucchini soup today.

Random reading posts, now must make split pea soup for dinner :) yummmmmmmm
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    hi raeanne,

that was me with the restricted cal diet and now that I upped my calories and lowered my carb intake I have such a huge difference and I'm easily shedding body fat. Read more about how low carbing it changed my life and some great links on why low carb works for some people on the paleo30 thread. It is a closed group, but if you want info. it has tons of info. and some wonderful testamonies.

I eat allot of protein, raw dairy, coconut oils and coconut milk, avacados, nuts, seeds, squash, greens. I went from a primal to a full paleo lifestyle pretty easily, but it took me years to tweek my primal lifestyle. It's only taken me weeks to tweek my paleo lifestyle. Very easy to do!

message me if you want to be pals. I don't mind helping anyone inquiring about low carbing it. It is not a fad diet, it's just a wol that most Americans forgot how to live as of the 1920s.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more than 1200 calories per day.

2. Eat more veggies and fruit and less of other carbs.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more than 1200 calories per day.

2. Eat more veggies and fruit and less of other carbs.

Why do you have to make everything so complicated?