Different healthy snack ideas

Options
Hey Everyone,

So I have this routine that I'm pretty diligent with and it involves the same snacks everyday, one because my boyfriend will eat them and they aren't to bad snack wise. I find though that im getting bored of them and want to eat all the bad stuff that my co-workers have.... So pretty much what I'm asking is what are some other options to healthy easy snacks that my junk food loving boyfriend will eat as well as mix it up a little for my self.

Replies

• sassafrasy
    Options
    sugar free fudgcicles!
  • htailor88
    Options
    sugar free fudgcicles are good and only 40 cals, i believe
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Luna Bars (protein) are good! :smile:
  • goelvira
    goelvira Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello
  • ashleydeane
    ashleydeane Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a no bake healthy energy bites recipe... it includes honey, oatmeal, mini choc chips, coconut, flax... message me if you would like the recipe :0)
  • Mrrwmoo
    Mrrwmoo Posts: 44
    Options
    Edamame x3!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    1. Emerald nuts, they have 100 calorie packs if you need things packaged up. I just buy the tubes of them and package my own up.
    2. Sargento Lowfat mozzarella sticks-50 calories each
    3. Fresh edamame-shelled I get this at Trader Joe's but I forget the calories
    4. Laughing cow wedge-35 calories a piece with some celery

Good luck!
  • greenie
    greenie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love sugar snap peas with some almonds or string cheese. I also drink a cup of Kefir, which is cultured milk. It is kind of like drinkable yogurt. Natural peanut butter on Wasa crackers or an apple with peanut butter. Edamame is also good. Hope you find some good ideas!
  • Adelegervais
    Adelegervais Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys all of your ideas are great! I will be definitely adding some of this stuff to my shopping list!!!! more ideas are always welcome!
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Larabar and Trio bars.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Larabar and Trio bars.

Cheapest place I've found LARA bars is Trader Joe's for like $1.19 or $1.29 (I can't remember which) AND they are Gluten Free!
  • greenie
    greenie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hummus with veggies is also good. Here is a recipe for homemade Larabars, if you are inclined to make them.

Larabar Create your own

1 - 1 1/2 c. raw almonds or cashews
    1/2 - 1 c. pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, shredded coconut, cinnamon, ginger, cloves or any other add-in of your choice.
    1 c. pitted dates.
    1 c. dried fruit of your choice

Process the dried fruit in food processor until it forms a ball. Set aside.

Process the nuts, seeds, and add-ins.

Add the dried fruit, one portion at a time.

Continue to process until the mixture sticks together. You can add small amounts of water (or lemon juice if desired) to achieve this. Press into an 8 X 8 pan. Refrigerate 15-30 minutes. Cut into bars.

If you are feeling a little naughtier, you can add dark chocolate or peanut butter. : )
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    I love popcorn. You can also get kettle corn and it's only about 35 calories per cup! (I buy the generic store brand). It's good for the crunchy, salty cravings as well as the desire to munch (the movement).
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I like Hummus with pitta chips (pitta bread toasted and cut into strips) and carrot sticks or with bit of cheese and/or apple