Nauseous after I eat

Options
It seems like everything I eat makes my stomach nauseous, this has been going on for about a week now. Last week the stomach flu was going around the house and I thought it might have gotten it. But everyone is better and it seems my stomach is getting worse. I am not pregnant (I tested)

I felt pretty bad this morning and I thought if I made myself vomit I would feel better (I know TMI) but the only thing that came up was white foamy substance WTH? I have been eating maybe not as much and I have been trying to stay away from foods that might hurt my sensitive stomach..but it seems like anything I eat makes it hurt..bread, crackers, water etc.

Anyone have this problem before? I am probably going to the Dr. early next week.

Thanks.

Replies

• ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My advice is to keep your liquids up and make sure you keep that doctor's appointment! Hope you feel better soon!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I feel nauseated in the morning a lot and it's from low blood pressure and an empty stomach in the morning. I usually eat something immediately and it goes away.
  • newmrswood
    Options
    ^^^ def keep drinking fluids and go to the doc!
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'd say the culprit is acid reflux. It can occur in everything from your throat to chest to stomach. Foamy white substance is a little scary (definitely go to the doctor), but if it's acid reflux, try to stay away from caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, and basically everything that tastes yummy!!

I was just diagnosed with it and I feel so much better after taking the pills and avoiding caffeine.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    If you can't pinpoint a cause (food, medication, seasonings, etc), you definitely want to see your MD. It could be some kind of GI disorder (peptic ulcer?), who knows? Best to get checked out. Hope you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary. You are not eating enough... I saw one day and you were, 495 calories for the day? You should be at a minimum of 1200. You are seriously putting yourself in danger eating as little as you do and I'm not surprised that you are having problems. If you are comfortable making yourself throw up I'd really look at getting checked for anorexia/bulmia. I would go to a doctor and get a referral to a nutrionist who can help you out with an eating plan.

and EAT MORE! Starving yourself will do you no good and won't make you lose weight any faster and you will lose muscle.

Scott
  • clong1985
    Options
    Definitely see your doctor, sooner rather than later. They will decide what's best to do next, assuming it's not minor stomach bug. Have them check for parasites (sorry to be gross, but they can wreak havoc and often times doctors don't think to rule them out right away in adults). I had a horrendous bout of stomach problems that went on for over a year, started with gastritis (infected stomach lining) and ended with part of my stomach being paralyzed from nerve damage. Moral of the story, if it's getting worse not better, get it checked out sooner rather than later.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more of your calories until you can see the doctor. I looked at your diary and you're woefully low on calories. A couple of protein shakes (not junky Slimfast) will help.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more of your calories until you can see the doctor. I looked at your diary and you're woefully low on calories. A couple of protein shakes (not junky Slimfast) will help.

Yes. Please stop starving yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary. You are not eating enough... I saw one day and you were, 495 calories for the day? You should be at a minimum of 1200. You are seriously putting yourself in danger eating as little as you do and I'm not surprised that you are having problems. If you are comfortable making yourself throw up I'd really look at getting checked for anorexia/bulmia. I would go to a doctor and get a referral to a nutrionist who can help you out with an eating plan.

and EAT MORE! Starving yourself will do you no good and won't make you lose weight any faster and you will lose muscle.

Scott

I think the reason she is eating so little is because it is making her sick........
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable making yourself throw up I'd really look at getting checked for anorexia/bulmia.
    I agree that she's not eating enough. But she is not making herself throw up for bulemic reasons, but because she felt sick. Sometimes you need to throw up if you are feeling sick, then you feel better. I for one cannot ever throw up unless I force it. Even the night before I went to the ER (where they removed my gallbladder) and I was horribly, horribly sick, it wouldn't come up on its own.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options

Scott

Wow, I didn't realize how little you were eating OP! I see from your previous posts you are 5'9". You are not eating enough dear!
    Are you nauseous because you aren't eating enough or are you not eating enough because you are nauseous? Hope you feel better soon.
  • lanicota
    Options
    Whoaaaaa!.... I have not eaten a lot this week because I have been feeling sick!.. geez! I DO NOT have an eating disorder!!! Wow have you ever felt sick????..this has been going on a week now not anytime more. OMG.. you have a lot of nerve to try to tell me I have a disorder.. WOW so offended!
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    Whoaaaaa!.... I have not eaten a lot this week because I have been feeling sick!.. geez! I DO NOT have an eating disorder!!! Wow have you ever felt sick????..this has been going on a week now not anytime more. OMG.. you have a lot of nerve to try to tell me I have a disorder.. WOW so offended!

I did not say you had an eating disorder. I looked at previous weeks. It still looks to me like you're not eating very much on some days.

But, you could also have some sort of food sensitivity, or just a virus. Your question then is better suited for a doctor.
  • lanicota
    Options
    "I took a peek at your diary. You are not eating enough... I saw one day and you were, 495 calories for the day? You should be at a minimum of 1200. You are seriously putting yourself in danger eating as little as you do and I'm not surprised that you are having problems. If you are comfortable making yourself throw up I'd really look at getting checked for anorexia/bulmia. I would go to a doctor and get a referral to a nutrionist who can help you out with an eating plan.

Scott..."

MY EARLIER POST WAS REFERRING TO SCOTT............
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Yes I've been sick... and still 495 calories is not enough. I never told you you had a disorder, I'm not a professional and wouldn't diagnose something like that.

Grow some thicker skin.
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    "I took a peek at your diary. You are not eating enough... I saw one day and you were, 495 calories for the day? You should be at a minimum of 1200. You are seriously putting yourself in danger eating as little as you do and I'm not surprised that you are having problems. If you are comfortable making yourself throw up I'd really look at getting checked for anorexia/bulmia. I would go to a doctor and get a referral to a nutrionist who can help you out with an eating plan.

Scott..."

MY EARLIER POST WAS REFERRING TO SCOTT............

No need to yell. I didn't know I was expected to be a mind reader. I will try better next time.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lanicota
    Options

Scott

I think the reason she is eating so little is because it is making her sick........

thanks.. gosh I am getting beat up on here for not eating because I get sick when I do.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No she is not eating enough. That's what happens when food makes you nauseous. That's why she's going to the doctor!

lanicota I would try eating some saltines or plain rice... just a little at a time maybe. Good luck - hope you feel better soon.
  • lanicota
    Options
    No she is not eating enough. That's what happens when food makes you nauseous. That's why she's going to the doctor!

lanicota I would try eating some saltines or plain rice... just a little at a time maybe. Good luck - hope you feel better soon.

Thanks..I think people did not really read my post correctly. I love food and sometimes go over my calories..this week has been rough on my stomach and I didn't expect to get beat up over this =(