the hardest thing

bry_all01
bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
of all the things I have had to cut back on and/or give up, I honestly thought cheese was going to be the hardest for me. Oddly enough, (ROFLMFAO) its been wine, beer, margaritas, etc. *sigh* :noway:

Oh, how I cannot WAIT for the evening of November 5th to arrive...... I will be in heaven. Food and drink heaven, like, til I puke :sick: .... :laugh: *sigh*

What is the hardest thing you had to cut back on or give up? Was it what you thought it was going to be?

Replies

• SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    **sighs** Soda.....I miss it :frown:
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Cake, pie, and candy.

No, it was easier than I thought. Once I got over the mental craving I was fine.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    That's what "skinny margaritas" are for! My sister has a great recipe...Cuervo orange tequila, tangerine/lime flavored carbonated water and the low-carb margarita mix. They are fantastically awesome!!!
  • Bread by far.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    PASTA

:(

Oddles and doodles of pasta with italian sausage, broccoli, olive oil and garlic.
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhh how I miss thee.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    I miss my care free attitude about chicken wings. =(

Actually, I miss my carefree attitude about all food...

BUT Bacon in mass quantities...I miss it!
  • bry_all01
    That's what "skinny margaritas" are for! My sister has a great recipe...Cuervo orange tequila, tangerine/lime flavored carbonated water and the low-carb margarita mix. They are fantastically awesome!!!

Thank you, but no thank you. I am in the "leaning out" phase, no alcohol. I will just wait the 2 weeks, 1 day. lol, yes I am counting down, lol.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I haven't given up anything :embarassed: but cutting back on chips has been the hardest. :ohwell:
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Ice cream :ohwell: Oh how I miss ice cream.
  • pasta and soda......i miss cake cookies and candy too :-(
  • bry_all01
    Cake, pie, and candy.

No, it was easier than I thought. Once I got over the mental craving I was fine.

I still eat candy, but then, you knew that already.... Mmmm, Happy Cola gummis! yummy for my tummy!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Soy and cheese (esp cottage cheese *sigh*), but they are not things I've willingly given up.
  • bry_all01
    Soy and cheese (esp cottage cheese *sigh*), but they are not things I've willingly given up.

I know, sweetness *huggles*
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Soda is the hardest thing for me to give up, But the worst part about changing my eating habits, is that I think about food all the time now. I used to just eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and while I know that is bad for me, planning meals, logging food, paying attention to the amount of sodium, carbs, protein, etc. takes a lot of effort! It seems like my day revolves around what I am going to eat! I am this becomes easier over time.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    I thought it would be soda, but it's been months and months since I had one, and the last time I tried to drink one I almost choked because of how surprisingly disgusting it was. Cheese has been a lot easier than I thought to cut out, although I've been craving it something fierce this week for some reason...

The hardest thing for me to give up... sweets. I love ice cream, chocolate, cookies, cake, etc. But I found Bettern to replace my peanut butter addiction, which has a chocolate version, but I buy the regular kind. I think the regular tastes a bit like cocoa anyway. Frozen yogurt to replace my ice cream addiction, which is yum! I eat granola bars now instead of cookies. :) I stay away from chocolate as much as possible though, it irritates my acne.
  • Sodas!
    I miss my Vaults, Dr. Peppers, Mountain Dew, etc. etc.

I can't have them at all. One isn't enough. One becomes two, becomes three, becomes 20lbs!

It's water and Tea for me!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member

Thank you, but no thank you. I am in the "leaning out" phase, no alcohol. I will just wait the 2 weeks, 1 day. lol, yes I am counting down, lol.

More power to you over there...I will be rooting for you in November!!! :smile:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    I miss my care free attitude about chicken wings. =(

Actually, I miss my carefree attitude about all food...

BUT Bacon in mass quantities...I miss it!

HAHA! I forgot about bacon. I never eat bacon anymore, ever. lol. And yes, I do miss it sadly from time to time. <3
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    When its over, we'll do shots of Tequila! And talk about other "Hard things"
  • bry_all01
    When its over, we'll do shots of Tequila! And talk about other "Hard things"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: