NSV: I remember when ....

Options
I LOVE my MFP friends, I have a small community of them that inspire me everyday.. keep me going everyday... So I thought it would be nice to hear some of their success stories over their journey... So I posted a "I remember When" status.. to see what I would get...

Well that led into my blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/itsbigjoesgal

which led me to here (someone recommend I post it here, so why not?)

So share your "I Remember When" story... Inspire to be inspired!

Replies

• KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I couldn't cross my legs because my thighs were too fat, and I was winded and sweaty all the time. It sure is nice to have shirts without sweat stains on them!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i had to put my foot up on my other knee to tie my shoes...now i can bend over without holding my breath :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I was able to sit on the floor for a few hours..now...my but starts hurting cause all the padding is gone
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started C25K and thought I was going to die during the 5 minute run. I run for 45+ minutes three times a week now.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I hated every shirt in my closet because my stomach was too big to look good in them. The only thing I felt good in was sweatshirts.

Now I can wear whatever I want!
  • timmypeace
    timmypeace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I remember laying in bed and have swet under my double chin. I instantly felt disguisting....
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I used to say that I "didn't like" any jewelry except earrings even though it was really because my neck, fingers, and wrists were too fat to wear nice things. Now I have lots of beautiful jewelry that I can wear any day I want and it all fits!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I remember when I wore shirts that were 2 sizes too big just to hide the muffin top... :grumble:
    I also remember when I would (sorry boys maybe tmi for you!) take my bra off and the deep cutting marks that it would leave on my back and sides :sad: .
    :bigsmile: NO MORE OF THAT SILLINESS! :bigsmile:
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My fav victory over the fat...and yes, at 5'3" 168 lbs is a heavy load which I carried all in the mid section!!!
    Back to my victory- sounds silly but i love my bath and the night I got all in was one of the best in my life !! Oh yeah when the water covered the belly, I was in heaven !!!!! Want to hear God's laugh....I now have a huge tub which is more like a pool than a tub !!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I used to say that I "didn't like" any jewelry except earrings even though it was really because my neck, fingers, and wrists were too fat to wear nice things. Now I have lots of beautiful jewelry that I can wear any day I want and it all fits!

My best friend (who now has lost over 40# and I am soooo proud of her!) had the exact same problem, I sell jewelry on the side of my REAL life haha and used to have to get her extensions for the necklaces. She HATED that.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    i had to put my foot up on my other knee to tie my shoes...now i can bend over without holding my breath :)

I had to do the same thing!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I remember when I avoided looking in mirrors because I hated my body so much.
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    When I used to come home exhausted, and collapse on my bed to take a 3 hour nap.

When I used to hate shopping because I never thought I looked good in anything I tried. Especially nowadays when most women's shirts are fitted :grumble:
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I remember when my belly was touching my upper legs while sitting down at my desk - that was the first day at MFP. Well, NO MORE belly touching legs!
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What a great thread!!!

I remember when I decided to take up running to lose weight and ran / walked to the corner and back - 1 mile- and came home in tears feeling defeated at how hard it was.

Three weeks ago I ran a half marathon in just over 2 hours and was in tears because I accomplished something that no one expected of "the fat sister" it was amazing!
  • sorryteacups
    Options
    my engagement ring dug into my finger. Now I cannot wear it because it is a size and a half too big!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I had to pay for pedicures because I couldn't reach to cut my toenails - now I do my own, AND paint them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!