NSV: Major Victory

Options
MamaBear57
MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
Well for the last 10 yrs...WOW really that long....I have refused to purchase clothes. Purchasing only enough so I would not go around naked. Well to say the least I never had more than 3 pairs of pants at any given time. So I was always doing laundry. Well as of this week I was able to fit into clothes that have been sitting at the top of my closet, or a drawer, or even in the attic (they moved a lot depending on my mood) I now have 5 pairs of jeans and 4 pair of slacks. It is amazing!!!! Also they even have wiggle room so hopefully I will fit into the ones that are still sitting up there.

I now have hope that I will get back into them and they are no longer laughing at me or taunting me. I feel encouraged when I look at them.

Replies

• kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Good for you!
  • Fat2Fit2012
    Options
    awwh , congratulations hun that is a great victory... I am in the same boat , i refuse to buy new cloths if i have one or two pieces that fit I am fine lol
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! that is awesome!!!

I have a bag of clothes I grew out of that I kept cuz I loved them so much! Can't wait to get back into them!!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Thats great. I've got 5 sizes of jeans in my closet from the last time I lost 40lbs. I sure hope I'm as successful as you are.

If I get into the 33's you're gonna see some proof up in here.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work.
  • Beauty0619
    Beauty0619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! I KNOW YOU MUST BE PROUD!!
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've had a similar experience recently :) I used to be in a UK size 22 - 24 but recently I have become a Uk size 18 and so I am no longer relegated to the 'plus size' area :D
    I wasn't sure my husband really understood what this mean't and so I had to explain to him that I LOVE clothes and clothes shopping and the only thing that stopped me before was the pittiful selection of clothes I could fit into. Heh heh, his credit card is gonna cry when I get to my goal :P

Well done you!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing NSV!!! Great job!
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    :wink: Thank you everyone I am crazy proud and can hardly stop smiling. Without all of you it would have been a lot harder. You all are amazing!!!!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am and have been the same way, about pants especially, but really shirts too. I normally own 2-4 pairs of pants. When I did an internship for which I had to dress up, I bought 2 pairs of dress pants which I hated but I wanted to buy the cheapest ones I could find, and 5 shirts, which I also hated. A month or two ago i found that I could fit into some pants that were packed away and I was so excited to have 5 pairs of jeans in my dresser to choose from. Although now 2 of them have holes in the inner thighs so I am back to 3.
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait to fit into some old things. I got rid of a lot of my old stuff, feeling sure I'd never wear them again. But now I'm thinking I was wrong! :)
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    I am and have been the same way, about pants especially, but really shirts too. I normally own 2-4 pairs of pants. When I did an internship for which I had to dress up, I bought 2 pairs of dress pants which I hated but I wanted to buy the cheapest ones I could find, and 5 shirts, which I also hated. A month or two ago i found that I could fit into some pants that were packed away and I was so excited to have 5 pairs of jeans in my dresser to choose from. Although now 2 of them have holes in the inner thighs so I am back to 3.

Yes the shirts were the same but I am still lacking on them. I was really small ontop prior to kids and being so big. (putting it nicely) So many of them still do not fit. Not sure if they will. However I am still trying and therefore we shall see. I had the same problem the jeans must have been on their last leg when I stopped wearing them because I only was able to wear them for so long before they had a whole in them. Oh well. Now that I can start to wear cute clothes again and not unflattering things is awesome. By the way why are clothes for bigger woman so unflattering with material? Totally not fair.lol
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait to fit into some old things. I got rid of a lot of my old stuff, feeling sure I'd never wear them again. But now I'm thinking I was wrong! :)

Yes you will get back down to the size you want to be....you are an amazing person and a good supporter. :) Thank you
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Awww, thanks girl! :)
  • MellieR
    MellieR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Exciting! It's fun to shop in your own closet. :) Way to go!
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!! Sometimes I think it's NSV's like these that make us feel even better than the numbers on the scale, because this is where you really really see it. Congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!