Who is this person??

Options
I'm a confirmed salt, sugar and caffeine-aholic. At least I used to be ;-)

Pre-MFP I never went a day without consuming mass amounts of each and loved every minute of it.

Now, however......not so much.

I've cut out all caffeine and, honestly, haven't missed it too terribly much. Sugars & salt, I've cut back on drastically.

I just had an impromptu work lunch at a local small town diner where everything is fried. No good choices at all there, so I just got something small and grazed a little instead of consuming the entire meal like I would have before.

And now?? I feel disgusting just after eating that little bit!

It's like I can feel the salt caked inside my mouth and it's just bleh!

LOL Water will be my new BFF for the remainder of the day!

Replies

• timmypeace
    timmypeace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!!!!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I'm a confirmed salt, sugar and caffeine-aholic. At least I used to be ;-)

Pre-MFP I never went a day without consuming mass amounts of each and loved every minute of it.

Now, however......not so much.

I've cut out all caffeine and, honestly, haven't missed it too terribly much. Sugars & salt, I've cut back on drastically.

I just had an impromptu work lunch at a local small town diner where everything is fried. No good choices at all there, so I just got something small and grazed a little instead of consuming the entire meal like I would have before.

And now?? I feel disgusting just after eating that little bit!

It's like I can feel the salt caked inside my mouth and it's just bleh!

LOL Water will be my new BFF for the remainder of the day!
    wtg Cassie
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Funny how that works! My boyfriend gets these Big Mac attacks and drags me in for a pig-out. But I don't even like it. I let him order and I just take bites and honestly, I don't know what he likes about it!
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    i wish i had that kind of control. i wouldn't have been able to set foot in the building without eating my way out!
  • lovebabyal
    Options
    WTG , Salt and Sugar I have decrease by 75% out of my diet, I keep an close eye on my intakes of both when possible ,Caffeine I'm still hook for a sec but I been training myself that I can make it without it inasmuch as I think. I do my best to watch all intakes due to trying to live a better, fun & healthy life without prescription drugs..
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Trust me, my first inclination was to clean off my plate, but then I looked down at my phone and just so happened to see my MFP app still open then re-thought that process ;-)
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    WTG , Salt and Sugar I have decrease by 75% out of my diet, I keep an close eye on my intakes of both when possible ,Caffeine I'm still hook for a sec but I been training myself that I can make it without it inasmuch as I think. I do my best to watch all intakes due to trying to live a better, fun & healthy life without prescription drugs..

I really have no clue how I've managed to completely cut out soda's, but I have. I tried it before but it didn't go over so well. This time, though, I've done so well! I haven't even had a craving for soda's since I've cut them out and that's a big dang deal for me!
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Fried fast food just takes like grease and fat to meet.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great job resisting all the grease! It's tough when it's the only option, but you perservered, held tight and came through! I am so proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I hear you on that icky taste in your mouth or the blahhh feeling after. I have found that if you ask you can get something made special just about anywhere. Even if you just got either a bun or bread with a slice of cheese & some lettuce & tomato...still calories but not clogging up your arteries! lol

Congrats on all the progress you have made!
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    That is fantastic, well done :)