really?!

Options
6. Diet 2 days a week. If you can't stick to a program all the time, try slashing your calories to 650 a day just 2 days a week and eating normally the other days. A recent study suggests this offers protection from breast cancer as well as assistance with weight loss.

http://www.prevention.com/health/weight-loss/diets-getting-started/how-to-lose-10-pounds/article/09b89e00b5382310VgnVCM10000030281eac____?cm_mmc=Yahoo-_-ETNT-_-7_Laws_of_Leanness-_-Prevention_50_Ways_to_Lose_10_pounds

isn't that basically starving yourself twice a week? i'm shocked prevention would say this!!

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    oh...i don't like that...besides everyone's definition of "normal" is different. this really bothers me for some reason lol. I'm not sure I can say I love prevention anymore xp
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is that different then the "calorie cycling" some MFP members do?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    thats prett much intermitted fasting. i've been reading about it, and it sounds like something intresting, but not fitting in my lifestle right now.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yeah...that doesn't seem to have been that well thought through. I guess it's something like "zigzagging" your calories, but that doesn't seem like it would really be as healthy as, you know, doing the hard work of tracking what you eat, watching your nutrient and caloric intake every day, and exercise. I guess if you want a quick fix, you get a poorly designed one...
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'd be horrible to be around on 650 calories, even if it was just a day!