Snacks

Options
Healthy snacks? Does anyone know of any good ones, low in carbs would be ideal for me.....

Replies

• rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    low fat turkey and low fat cheese wrapped up in lettace. string cheese with some almonds, hummus with veggies to dip in it. popcorn. protein shakes that have low carbs. sugar free jello with a lil bit of greek yogurt topped with walnuts
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was just going t post something similar to this!! I am so lost when it comes to snack options that I can take with me to college!
  • Jen788134
    Jen788134 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Here are a few I have.. Hope it helps :)

Low fat crackers with low fat cheese spread or marmite/slimmers cup a soups/rice cakes/celery with low fat cheese spread inside/raw carrots with low fat houmous/weetabix with milk/organic baby biscuits
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Well there are the basic Veggies carrots celery cucumbers then fruits... I like air popped popcorn with nothing on it... I know but I love it???
    yogurts are good
    peanut butter on an apple or banana
    pretzels with peanut butter... suprisingly lower than you think carb wise about as much as an apple???
    I love cucumbers with vinager
    pineapple chunks... ummm
    fiber one bars oats and peanut butter is really good
    deli meat (boars head brand is wonderful)
    Hummus and carrots
    I like to eat alot of those steam bag veggies for a meal or half of them for a snack... green giant makes good ones
    plain oatmeal with some cranberries and a couple of chocolate chips... ladies only a couple or you could try just honey??

Ok this one is a little weird but a work mate of mine turned me on to this and don't knock it till you try it... peanut butter tacos- take one slice of whole wheat bread put about a table spoon or two spead on the bread, put half a cup or so of fat free cottage cheese in the center of the bread as if you would fold it in half, sprinkle crushed walnuts on it then lightly drizzle honey on it and fold into a taco and enjoy! This one is great for if you are about to go work out it really gives you some great protien... he got the idea from P90X program he was doing. I don't care for cottage cheese and I loved them.
  • johnmk79
    Options
    For the healthy option I have strawberries and 0% fat yoghurt for about 65 cals and pineapple pots at 54 cals. For the "bad" treats you can have Aero mouse pots which are great for the choc kick at 97 cals and try freezing them....really nice!! Snack-a-jacks are great if you're a savoury person at about 90 cals and almost feel like your having a bag of crisps. Jaffa cakes are also only 44 cals per cake and you can get these in little snack packs for when you're on the go.
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1. peanut butter- celery
    2. lean turkey half sandwhich
    3. lean ham half sandwhich
    4. blueberries
    5. fiber one bars
    6. multi grain cherrios
    7. apple
    8. dark chocolate (1 or 2 pieces)
    9. cup of hot tea (your choice flavor, try many)
    10. peanut butter and 1 sice of whole grain bread oh and

greek yogurt....mmmmm
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for all the advise, Next time I go shopping, I'll keep some of these things in mind.