Workout Cravings!

Options
This is bizarre but I have my biggest cravings WHILE I am working out! What the heck?! Anyone else experiencing this?

I was doing my Biggest Loser Power Walk DVD today and craving supreme pizza! Yum!

Replies

• FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    LOL! Typically not while I'm working out. However, certainly before or after. Mind over matter baby ;0)
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing. I always want beer after I workout. IDK what it is.
  • ashleymashley02
    Options
    LOL I am just the opposite! I can't think of wasting what i am doing on junk food I am soo sweaty and I am like all this hard work is not going to be for nothing! lol
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    Nopey not for me.

I just feel a sweaty mess when I workout.

When I finish a workout I never can be bothered with food, just shower and bed :yawn:
  • jewelryholic
    Options
    Well, do you satisfy your cravings by eating the pizza or does in wan? My cravings during workouts are in fashion form, like if I work out hard I can buy those cute winter boots or now (seasonally) cute winter work and workout attire. Try shifitng your cravings to something other than food. I hope this helps!
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    No! I do not give in for sure! Its just odd that this is the time I find myself craving them the most, its like I can almost taste it. But I keep working out hard and I don't give in :)
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Swimming helps. With the taste of chlorine in your mouth it is hard to think about eating anything.
  • Vanembryzoe
    Options
    We actually do a revised version of pizza. part skim shredded cheese.
    Here are the ingredients per serving

5 inch pita bread (make sure it is the 150 calorie pita)
    1/4 cup barilla pizza sauce
    1 oz lean ground turkey (browned)
    5 turkey pepperoni
    1 slice turkey bacon (cooked and crumbled
    Any veggies you like on pizza (peppers, onions, etc. If you are going to use olives use sparingly they have a very high fat content)
    1/4 part skim mozzarella
    This comes to about 370 calories

Spray Pam on the pita bread, sprinkle garlic powder, and chopped rosemary on the pita bread. Bake in the oven at 350 until it starts getting crispy. top with pizza sauce and layer with the rest of your chosen toppings saving the cheese for last. Place back in 350 degree oven until cheese melts, you may have to broil for a minute or so if you want your cheese to brown a lilttle. Keep a close eye when you broil though because it does not take long to burn.

This is the perfect solution for us when our kids are bugging us for pizza. And we only make one per person so there is no chance to over eat. It is about the size of a personal pan at pizza hut, but the crust is not as thick. Perfect serving
  • Vanembryzoe
    Options
    sorry forgot to mention we also change this up a little and do a bbq chicken pizza. Same pita prepared the same way, only we use

2 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 tbsp bbq sauce (we like kraft char grilled)
    slivered red onion
    1/4 cup feta cheese
    This one is about 360 calories total

Bake the same way.
    We love pita around here so I have a spinach chicken pesto one if any of you are interested let me know and I will post it too