Not losing anymore....

Options
I have been eating a 1200 calorie diet for a little over a year now. 3 months ago I just stopped losing weight. I hit 150 and am still 20 pounds away from my goal. I heard somewhere that when you are closer to your goal weight you should up your calories a little bit, not sure if that is true....I changed my settings to allow me 1410 calories a day yesterday and lost almost a pound overnight. I know thats not an accurate measurement but I am just wondering if anyone else has run into this and what you did and if it was successful....thanks for any tips you may have!

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I have recently upped my calories and reduced my burn and have started to lose weight again after about a 2 month stall...
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I seem to have broken through a long plateau (2 months) today after a weird week of wildly varying calories (1300-2200) and taking the week mostly off of exercising. I was previously eating 1800-2000 most days, set at a base of 1200 and exercising a lot everyday (half marathon training, biking to work, strength training) and eating back those calories.
  • Malinsfeet
    Malinsfeet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes when I first started I would not eat my excercise calories and it worked for a while.. but to lose those last few pounds ive had to eat all my excercise calories and its working slowly but surely! Goodluck!
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    I did the same thing...only more extreme. I went up to maintainence (1800) and stopped exercise all together. 1 week later...I'm down 2.5 lbs.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    In three months, I lost 28 lbs. There were days I didn't log and I know I ate like a hog. I have remained consistent with having one day per month where I don't count anything and I don't exercise and I eat just for pleasure.
  • Joannguido
    Options
    not uncommon. When I worked for curves, the diet actually kept you at 1200 calories for two weeks, then upped you for a week or so, then dropped you again. It gives your metabolism a wake up call. Don't worry about it.
  • tina2222
    Options
    I am like you, except i only had 20lbs to lose, i have lost 12 and have been stuck at this weight for nearly a month. I do alot of exercise everyday and im pretty scared to up my cals in case i gain but i will try anything. I heard that when youre close to your goal its way harder to keep losing so i will be interested to see the replies on here! Thanks for posting!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    That last bit had me stalling all summer, and eventually it moved again. It does take more calories at the end, too. Which slows the weight, but so does not eating enough. Eat cleaner and eat all your exercise calories and then be the most patient saint you know. It'll happen. The calorie cycling idea gets brought up a lot, I think Jillian Michaels has a version of that. I never actually tried it, but I did go and eat a bunch on vacation and got back at it, no problem several times. Sort of increasing and then decreasing without meanting to. Also the toning I did, the weight lifting, did a fantastic job at the end, raised my metabolism for eating more, and caused me to lose slower. Inches lost with toning, but not pounds.