Slim Fast

Options
Is anybody else on here on the slim fast 3-2-1 plan i just started back up it worked for me the first time as long as i stuck to it so im tryin it again hopefully i can stick with it n get results

Replies

• LeihaS
    LeihaS Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i was thinking of starting again- i haven't done it since high school
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm not on the plan, but I bought a case of the drinks as meal replacements for breakfast .
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you want to do a protein shake, there are lots of better options available. The slim fast has alot of calories for the nutrition it gives you, which is not alot.

You will do better to get one that is no more than 200 calories, a min of 25 grams of protein, very little fat and sugars - maybe 1-2 grams of each.

The Slim Fast has"
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Bottle (295 mL)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 190 Fat Cal 50

%DV
    Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 2g 10%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 10mg 3%
    Sodium 210mg 9%
    Potassium 600mg 17%
    Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 18g
    Protein 10g 20%

Check out the levels of fat and sugars!!!!

Better bars are also available; so try a different shake, find a good bar - pure protein are much better than slim fast and do the healthy dinner and I bet you have much better results.

Make a Lifestyle change!!!
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    Too much sugar *barf*

I never felt satisfied when I was on it, plus it's a "quick fix" diet....they never last.
  • kellyhook88
    kellyhook88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im on it to, haven't been on very long about 3 days.

x
  • tommysmum84
    Options
    i was thinking of trying this but ill shop around now. any suggestions would be grateful
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    If you want to do a protein shake, there are lots of better options available. The slim fast has alot of calories for the nutrition it gives you, which is not alot.

You will do better to get one that is no more than 200 calories, a min of 25 grams of protein, very little fat and sugars - maybe 1-2 grams of each.

The Slim Fast has"
    Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 190 Fat Cal 50

%DV
    Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 2g 10%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 10mg 3%
    Sodium 210mg 9%
    Potassium 600mg 17%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 18g
    Protein 10g 20%

Better bars are also available; so try a different shake, find a good bar - pure protein are much better than slim fast and do the healthy dinner and I bet you have much better results.

She is doing it as a plan, not as a protein shake
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    Is anybody else on here on the slim fast 3-2-1 plan i just started back up it worked for me the first time as long as i stuck to it so im tryin it again hopefully i can stick with it n get results

I am, I lost 12-15lbs initially when I was on it hardcore. I still have the shakes for breakfast and every few days I have a meal bar for lunch. Otherwise I have a 250-350 cal lunch and a 500-600 calorie dinner and I'm still losing weight.

I love the new shakes in the bottles, but you can make your own too from the jar's. I like the brownie and cookie dough meal bars the best. somtimes I have a luna bar instead, they have more flavors than slimfast. Good luck! don't be drawn in by people trying to sell you on that shakeology, that stuff tastes like mud imo.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

The Slim Fast has"
    Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 190 Fat Cal 50

%DV
    Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 2g 10%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 10mg 3%
    Sodium 210mg 9%
    Potassium 600mg 17%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 18g
    Protein 10g 20%

I couldn't help but notice you left out the vitamin information from your post.
    I am assuming it was a mistake so I will post it so people are not misinformed :)

This is for the strawberries and creme shake

NUTRITION FACTS

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 180 Fat Cal 50

%DV
    Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 10mg 3%
    Sodium 200mg 8%
    Potassium 550mg 16%
    Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 18g
    Protein 10g 20%
    VITAMINS & MINERALS

%DV
    Vitamin A 35%
    Calcium 50%
    Vitamin D 35%
    Vitamin K 25%
    Riboflavin 35%
    Vitamin B6 35%
    Vitamin B12 35%
    Pantothenic Acid 35%
    Iodine 35%
    Zinc 15%
    Manganese 35%
    Molybdenum 30%
    Vitamin C 100%
    Iron 15%
    Vitamin E 100%
    Thiamin 35%
    Niacin 35%
    Folate 30%
    Biotin 35%
    Phosphorus 50%
    Magnesium 35%
    Selenium 25%
    Chromium 35%
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

The Slim Fast has"
    Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 190 Fat Cal 50

%DV
    Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 2g 10%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 10mg 3%
    Sodium 210mg 9%
    Potassium 600mg 17%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 18g
    Protein 10g 20%

She is doing it as a plan, not as a protein shake

The plan includes a shake that is suppose to be protein based, a protein based bar and a healthy meal all of which I gave better options for her to get better results. Even if it is just a shake, it is not good for you and not a healthly lifestyle.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    aim for a better (much) protein/meal replacement drink. yes, you may have to blend some of them, rather than grab and go, but it will be well worth it. slim fast shakes are full of sugar and have a TON of ingredients that you do not need.

good luck!
  • Daddys_Boogie121
    Daddys_Boogie121 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I am, I lost 12-15lbs initially when I was on it hardcore. I still have the shakes for breakfast and every few days I have a meal bar for lunch. Otherwise I have a 250-350 cal lunch and a 500-600 calorie dinner and I'm still losing weight.

I love the new shakes in the bottles, but you can make your own too from the jar's. I like the brownie and cookie dough meal bars the best. somtimes I have a luna bar instead, they have more flavors than slimfast. Good luck! don't be drawn in by people trying to sell you on that shakeology, that stuff tastes like mud imo.

Yea the first time i really stuck to it n i lost 11 lbs so ima try again i havent tried the new shakes ive only tried the powder mix n im usually not hungry in between meals n when i am i jus drink some water or grab some fruit so it works for me ill have to try the new shakes tho
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I'm not on the plan, but I bought a case of the drinks as meal replacements for breakfast .

^^ This, on occasion. Every now and then I will pick up some of the shakes, but not often. It's hard to justify the extra expense when I get results that are just as good with "real food". (That's not a dig at anyone who does like the program, just a fact for me. I am a very budget conscience person.)

I have looked at Slim Fast's website in the past, and some of the recipes they have on there (or used to have? It's been a year or two so I don't know what the set up they have now is) were useful when I would get bored. I try to incorporate recipes and strategies from various diet programs into my lifestyle without actually paying for the diet!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

^^ This, on occasion. Every now and then I will pick up some of the shakes, but not often. It's hard to justify the extra expense when I get results that are just as good with "real food". (That's not a dig at anyone who does like the program, just a fact for me. I am a very budget conscience person.)

I would assume real food provides more satiety too.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options

I would assume real food provides more satiety too.

Very true. And ideally, my diet would always consist of well planned, real meals. It's what I am aiming for. I have more energy, and just feel better in all areas when I am active and eating a well planned diet. :smile:

There are times when I will go through some pretty extreme ups and downs, and when I sink really low I barely eat anything at all. Having pre-made, grab-and-go types of "food" in the house isn't a perfect plan, but it does make sure I get some sort of nutrition when I am struggling.