Sports bra for the large-breasted and breastfeeding women?

When I say large-breasted, I mean beyond DD. I just tried to do the 30 Day Shred... it was laughable. I cannot jump without being in pain.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    I'm interested to know the answer too! DDD and breastfeeding so that size varies from feeding to feeding. I tried running yesterday and I swear it would've hit me in the face.

I've just been wearing two bras and then a work out shirt with a built in bra. its...kind of working
  • God bless you girls. keep up the good work
  • I've tried a compression tank over my bra, but it doesn't really help. Its bad enough that I can never find a good fitting bra unless I buy it online...
  • I wear a regular bra and sports bra when I work out.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Sports bras are useless... I wear my normal bra and a compression top over it -- like spanx or similar. Works much better.
    Buy a size too small and it sucks everything in even more -- if you can get it on :) I bought one at target that even has little short cap sleeves and I love it ---
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Freya has a good one. I'm in the HH range.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    if you are looking for anything past a size 48" DONT BOTHER LOOKING! :noway:
    big girls don't exersice.....acording to the shops! lol :grumble:
  • I had DDs (almost bigger) when I started and even now as Ds I still really like the Danskin line at Wal Mart. They are affordable and come in a million different styles, shapes, supports. Give them a try!
  • I had the same problem after giving birth to my son. I found a sports bra made by Moving Comfort, designed specifically for runners, that worked pretty well for me. Make sure you order/buy it snug because it will wrap you up comfortably. Hope this helps!
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Victoria's Secret has some Compression Bras that work pretty well, but you will probably have order those bras. They have different bras for different levels of activity. I have two and I love them.

I also have done the double sports bras. It works decently.
  • ZoayZoay
    ZoayZoay Posts: 60 Member
    Bravado Original Double Plus Nursing/Maternity Bra - marvellous stuff.
  • BLaurieJ
    BLaurieJ Posts: 7 Member
    Lululemon has some really nice ones called TaTa tamers.
  • I have found a few tank top sports bras @ Kohls & Old Navy that fit pretty well. I havnt found an actual sports bra that will work but I personally like the tank top ones better, pulls everything in-not just the girls :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I'm interested to know the answer too! DDD and breastfeeding so that size varies from feeding to feeding. I tried running yesterday and I swear it would've hit me in the face.

I've just been wearing two bras and then a work out shirt with a built in bra. its...kind of working
    try wearing a tight tshirt and a tight hoody too it keeps them in place! :glasses:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Bravado might make a nursing sports bra? I know Enell is a good brand of sports bras large breasted women. They are too expensive for me so I haven't personally tried them but they were recommended to me when I was looking. I ended up getting a Moving Comfort Fiona off of amazon.com and I really like it.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Lululemon has some really nice ones called TaTa tamers.

I second the TaTa Tamer. This bra doesn't give me a uni-boob, and when I run, NOTHING moves.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    For me only ENELL works nothing else9 not the lite version, the real deal). I always have been large breasted like 34F/G cups, but breastfeeding made me humongous: 36J. I was not able to buy breastfeeding bras because the size.When I was a new mom, I actually wore my enell bras everyday all day, because nothing else fit . It has many small clasp at the front, so it is a bit hassle to open up, but I used breastfeeding cover and I BF my son in public in my enell bras with no problem.
  • redheadmommy- I only see enell bras go up to a DDD. Did that size really work for you when you were a J?
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    redheadmommy- I only see enell bras go up to a DDD. Did that size really work for you when you were a J?
    Enell bra doesn't work like other bras, so you do not need to be that precise with the sizing. Also they willing to do custom fit bra for you for an extra $15. I have a few that they made specially for me like that. It takes time ( a lot of time I may add) , but they do it.

However, I usually I just buy factory seconds on ebay . 'sandjoutlet" sells the enell bra factory seconds. These are brand new enell bras that has some small flaws. The most frequent flaws discoloration or SIZE problem. I buy the size I need for my boobs, and I buy bras that bra band is 1' or 2" under the factory sizing.
    If you do not have standard sizes, you have to be creative ;)
  • l8bl00mer
    l8bl00mer Posts: 3 Member
    Freya sports bra with underwire provides a lot of support.

11381462.png