At the wall...any unorthodox ways to break through?

Options
Since 3/11, Ive lost 42lbs. I actually stopped losing weight in late July. Im at a wall and I keep trying new things. Anyone try unorthodox ways to get through it? Maybe no carbs for a day or 2?? Something to shock my system??

Replies

• janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The best thing is to pick something and stick with it, for more than 1-2 days. Low carb should do he trick, but do it for at least 1-2 weeks until you decide to give it up.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Any chance you've let portion sizes creep back up on you? Try weighing/measuring everything you eat for a week and see what happens.

You might also try changing your loss goal. For example, if it's at 2 lbs per week now, drop it down to 1.5.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    try going to maintenence mode for a week or two and then try back losing, thats what i'm trying myself as i'm in a similiar position
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Have you tried juicing? I dropped 6 pounds doing a 10 day reboot. Check out jointhereboot.com for free recipes and steps, or check out Fat sick and Nearly Dead on netflix.
  • mhopp71
    mhopp71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have actually hit the carbs and ice cream hard when i've hit the wall. I let myself gain back 2 pounds then hit it hard again. The spike gets your matabolism going again. The other thing i did was started running. That has really started knocking off my last 15 lbs.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    cut it off with a small hand saw.

*disclaimer - Im in no way a professional and my comments should not be taken as advice only as amusing commentary. Any harm caused by following through with suggestions I may have given will be the result and responsibility of those reading them.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have actually hit the carbs and ice cream hard when i've hit the wall. I let myself gain back 2 pounds then hit it hard again. The spike gets your matabolism going again. The other thing i did was started running. That has really started knocking off my last 15 lbs.

I agree with this.....I did the same thing. I ate high carb what I wanted for a week or two, then hit it hard back to my clean eating (it was hard at first to get back into the groove) I also started running and the weight has not stopped falling yet! :happy: I am just waiting to hit a plateau.....but I am 0.2lbs from my goal!

Good luck!!
  • halhix
    halhix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I went through my first round of weight loss a couple of years ago, any time that I would hit a wall I would take in more calories and change my workout routine (I guess it would be something like the muscle confusion that a lot of trainers espouse today) to burn more calories. I noticed that I would typically hit a wall between 15-20 lbs of weight loss. Are you measuring calories burnt during a typical day? Has something changed there?
  • cactus39
    Options
    A little more info...

I am a runner. I started running when i started to lose weight. I also sprinkle in weight training. I always measure my portions. I was doing weight watchers which was a good starting tool, which I just cancelled and now i am doing MFP exclusively. Measuring food and doing exercise is not my issue. I need to really shock my system.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you run they try doing intervals or hill repeats
  • cactus39
    Options
    If you run they try doing intervals or hill repeats

Ive heard to try this. I think I'll so that. Thanks!
  • cactus39
    Options
    cut it off with a small hand saw.

Hmmm. You know, I havent tried that yet. I will tonight. Thanks for your help