BREAST reduction!!

Options
13»

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people at anything less than an E would want a reduction? I am currently at HH, still don't think worthy of a reduction but if I felt I needed it I would go to a DD. Would be perfect size I think.

I was at a DD and now at a C... Before I couldn't even stand over the sink to do the dishes without back pain. When I was working at a restaurant, I couldn't sweep the floor without neck or back pain. Often I would get a migraine too. My reduction was the best decision I have ever made. The scars, the recovery, everything, were worth it to be able to feel this mobile.

Yea I understand..I am tall, so it just looks weird on me to have big breasts....I went from B to D and it may not seem much a difference, but it really is when I am losing weight and those dont go anywhere and then I am tall on top of that and so I dont look evenly porportioned and then they are like heavy lol...Yea I dont think I would get a breast reduction...I just wanted to know if anyone has resorted to a breast reduction or is thinking about it.... I really hope I can just lose them without resorting to that.

If you can't lose them with weight loss, I highly recommend the reduction. I was freaking out about it the whole week before the procedure. I even cried all the way from the waiting room to the table until they put me to sleep :tongue:

All that freaking out was for nothing xD I really regret not getting it done sooner.

I also read that breast reductions have the highest rate of customer satisfaction compared to all other plastic surgeries.

I am scared of pain, etc so I am no ready for the aftermath of the surgery...I know me..I most likely wont get a reduction even though I reach my weight goals...Whatever they go down to I will accept it...I just really hope they go down on their own
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I know it is probably TMI, but I've always had saggy boys (I know they are supposed to be girls, but with names like "Mike and Ike, they look alike" I have to call them boys). I was always ashamed of them and as I lose weight, they move further and further toward me knees.

Over the years, I have been to several presentations from plastic surgeons about post-weight loss surgery and I've always been fearful of the risk and pain, but I WOULD like, for once in my life, to have "perky" boys. Right now, I am totally flat chested, with the boobs now acting as an extra fat roll at my waist. It is NOT attractive at all. I might even be able to throw them over my shoulder if I hit my goal weight.

So, at this point...YES YES YES, I think I will do a lift if I lose the rest of the weight. :blushing:
  • champagne1962
    Options
    I have a breast reduction scheduled for the first week in November. I am 5'0" and 223 pounds. However, my breast size does not go down when I lose weight. I lost 40 pounds last year and the only thing I lost was a band size not the cup size. I am currently an H and have had constant shoulder pain for years and finding bras and clothes that fit and look nice is very hard. I finally decided after starting to work out and having a work out trainer that I was going to have something done about them

For those who have never had big breasts they may not realize how much harder it is to do jumping jacks, sit ups and push ups much less try running. I pay 80-100 dollars for my sports bras and although they are the best I still cannot do the jumping jacks nor run without being extremely sore for days. For the person that says to do exercises that will decrease the size, there are not any exercises that will decrease your size that much.

My insurance has approved the surgery and according to my plastic surgeon, I will be a high C or low D when he is done. I look forward to the day that I can start working out without these puppies in the way.
  • levi1964
    levi1964 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have breast reduction next week. A little nervous, ok really nervous. I know I will feel better afterwards, just wish the recovery period wasn't so long. Good luck with your surgery.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have breast reduction next week. A little nervous, ok really nervous. I know I will feel better afterwards, just wish the recovery period wasn't so long. Good luck with your surgery.

Good luck with your surgery. I'm not getting the surgery. I just wanted to know has gone thru it... Hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    More like a breast lift to make up for what I am losing now with the weight loss. Really want a tummy tuck after I reach my goal. I weighed 132 lbs before I gained 20 lbs during the pregnancy and give birth to an almost 9 pound daughter. The downside is it left me with stretched out skin even when I was thinner.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I had wants a reduction for a long time. But since I've lost half my weight I went from a DD to a D. So I'm fine with the size, however I desperately need a lift. My breasts have been disgustingly saggy for years and recently I can't even take off my bra without getting a pain in my right one which I'm pretty sure is due to the sagging. I'm to embarrassed to go to the doctor.
  • southphilly_chic
    southphilly_chic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely getting a breast reduction after I maintain my goal weight for a while. Right now I'm a 36K yes a 36K and it's too damn big! I've always had large breast, but after I gave birth to my son I gained weight and my breast gained weight too. So a breast reduction is part of the reason I'm losing the weight...
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm actually planning on getting one once I reach my goal. Pregnancy and breasfeeding did a number on mine and I'm certain that no amount of weight loss is going to fix it for me! My OBGYN tells me that I'd be a great candidate for one everytime I see him :laugh:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    No please. Everyone.

Ok thanks.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34E and I've lost 32 pounds and none of it has been from my bust. If it doesn't go down by the time I get to my goal weight if 105lb I will be getting a reduction for sure. It's just too much lol
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    If I could take the fat from my belly and move them up to my chest, I'd be very happy.

Lol!! If I can take the fat from both belly and chest and move it to my butt, I'd be very happy.

You can do both. Its fairly new, but they do breast enlargment and butt 'reconstruction' with fat from other areas of the body. Either belly or thighs, where ever there is more fat to take from. Its not cheap and I have no idea if insurance would cover it or not.
    Google breast enlargement with fat and it should come up :)
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would. I would hate having really big boobs, mine are only a C cup and I still feel uncomfortable with them.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am a G cup right now. After I lose all my weight, I think my breasts will go down, as they did with a previous weight loss. But i will definitely need a lift.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    42f so yes def!!! Nd last time I lost thirty pounds I didnt lose any of my bust.

Are you serious!!! I lost 20 pounds and my bust hasnt gone down =(.... I am so scared it wont go down
    I replied to this thread a month ago and at that point had lost 48 pounds and nothing from my cup size. I am happy to say that now, I have lost 52 pounds and the cup size is starting to shrink. The girls are no longer in the way and I can actually buy a bra in a normal store!! Its amazing that this change has happened just in the last 4 pounds!!! I'm thinking that I've pretty much burned through the really bad fat stores deep in my body and now I'm starting work on the surface fats. So, I just wanted to let you know that there is hope!! :drinker:
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would consider a lift, but not necessarily a reduction. After breastfeeding 2 kids for over a year each and having a DDD/F to start with - well, you can imagine how things are... :D I'm hopeful that when I'm done losing 100lbs they will go down to around a DD or D at least!
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    i could nt do it. A gym in gym had her breast reduce and she gotserious scaring and that put me off. I am 34H but with weight loose they will go down to 30E. However, i want lipo in my inner thinghs