Inversion Tables for Back Pain? Does it help?

Options
Has anyone tried the Inversion Table for lower back pain? Does it help?

Replies

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mag1c
    mag1c Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Depends on what the cause of the back pain is. If its a muscle problem, then probably not. I use mine daily and it relieves much of the pain/pressure in the lower part of my back. I had surgery to repair a ruptured disk a little over a year ago.
  • Leilaniyoza
    Options
    depends how serious your problem is. it is not reccommended for mine. but i know several people who swear by them!
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have mild scoliosis, and have an invertrac. I love it!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It has worked for me!!! I tend to get quite a bit of lower back pain due to years of bad posture! We had originally surprised my dad with it because he gets back pains for several reasons....but it has helped us both! But, I also agree with a previous poster, it could also depend on what is causing your back pain! I would probably talk to your doc about getting on one to make sure it wouldn't make it worse!! But I absolutely LOVE mine!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Helps me too............

I think for most people that have some type of mild spinal issue, aka bulging disk, bad posture, etc it will help.

I got one after using one at the Chiropractor's office for over a year to help with healing from a car accident.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    so this doesn't entirely answer your question, but it maybe a different solution.

My husband has had back issues for forever and was throwing his out constantly.

We started seeing a chiropractor and a massage therapist and with regular sessions between the two (while he was home) the back pain and tweaking the back went away after about 6 monthsish. So maybe you could give that a try depending on what kind of issues you have of course
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am about 80 lbs overweight, so i thought it might be my weight issue and poor posture too, but then i went to a Health Fair thing and they checked my back & spine by running this thing down my spine, they didn't give me much info but they did tell me that the lower part of my back is probably not moving like it should, might be the reason for lower back pain. So i don't know if i have a serious issue or just need to lose weight and have better posture. I was thinking of trying a Inversion table, because i cannot affor a chiropractor
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I LOVE mine! Like many people said it depends on what your issue is but it takes the pressure off my lower back and the stretch feels great. I've just started attempting inverted sit-ups. I am only to 13 right now but my goal is to hit 50.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I love mine! All my brothers have back issues also and they turned me on to inversion. It can also help with bad knees, hips and kinked necks. Before you buy one go to a chiropractor and see if they think it would help you and ask to try theirs. I only go about 3/4 of the way back, not full inversion.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a teeter's hang up.. works for me.. sit in office good part of the day (try to stand 1/2 of day). 300 bucks worth it to me.