Need new walking shoes

Options
I need to buy a new pair of walkling shoes and would like some suggestions. I walk on the treadmill 6 days a week. Need to find ones that wont give me blisters the first week I wear them too. And 1 other thing they have to be priced under $100. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    There are many different kinds and they cater to different kinds of feet. Probably the best advice I ever got from this site was to go to a running store (even though you are walking) and get fitted. They can suggest the right kind of shoe for the activity you are participating in. You don't even have to buy them from there, You can go try them on and find the ones you like and then go try to find them for cheaper online.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Vibram 5 fingers!
    No knee pain, no feet pain.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Just got Brooks PureConnect and love them. Great line of light weight shoes. Most imortant is that it's the proper fit for your feet though. Running shoes are light weight and well cushioned.
  • charmedgal70
    Options
    Honesty the best thing to do is go to a shoe store in your area and talk with a sales person about your needs. Every brand of shoe fits so differently. Happy Shopping!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Others have said, but it can't be stressed enough how important it is to go to a running shop for your shoes. The salespeople there are usually experienced runners/walkers and will help you find the right style of shoe for your foot type, gait, etc. etc.